Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Pictures (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/pictures/)
-   -   Lolly Buck Farm Video (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/pictures/7434-lolly-buck-farm-video.html)

OptimO 03-20-2011 11:37 AM

Lolly Buck Farm Video

This is video of the 2010 archery season on Lolly Buck Farm. I followed my buddy around with my new video camera and this video clip is the highlights of what happened.

DEER VIDEO>> YouTube - Lolly Buck Farm HD

ronn 03-20-2011 06:03 PM

pretty good but you need a camera arm and a tripod. the gorilla arm or the primos isn't bad for the money. i have a gorilla arm and i've used a muddy marsh arm that is real good but its up there in price. i got a couple good turkey things on video but can't figure out how to get them to where ever to share. they are about 10 mins long. i've tried photobucket but that didnt work nor did that one that starts with v, vineo?

oh welcome for nh ain't the camera kinda fun? I've been getting into it pretty good. got an spot to hopfully get a deer hunt on video nect season

OptimO 03-22-2011 10:53 AM

Hey Ronn, I used the Gorilla tree arm when I was in the tree. Its just a low quality arm that was given to me and the head doesn't swivel very well. I didn't have any practice with using a tree arm before I made this video so it was a good camera mount to play around with. Its time for an upgrade... any suggestions??

tator 03-22-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronn (Post 54117)
pretty good but you need a camera arm and a tripod.

I have never tried this. To me, it would be too much to hassle with ))(videoing my hunts))). Most times when I bow hunt, I'm just getting off work and it's everything I can do to even remember by BOW as I'm leaving the house (yes that once happened.... :bag:)

I think if I ever videotaped a hunt it would be my kids' hunts. But even then, I wonder if it'd be too much hassle.

ronn 03-22-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OptimO (Post 54195)
Hey Ronn, I used the Gorilla tree arm when I was in the tree. Its just a low quality arm that was given to me and the head doesn't swivel very well. I didn't have any practice with using a tree arm before I made this video so it was a good camera mount to play around with. Its time for an upgrade... any suggestions??

i hear ya there. it works but that is about it. that muddy camera arm was real sweet. but its around 200+ bucks, i think, but smooth as silk. way more than i want to spend right now. if you want info on videoing the boys in pa, md, del, alot of it. check out marylandwhitetail.com. these guys do tons and tons of video and are flippin good at it. alot of them have gone to HD now. its fun. i got a couple good turkey hunts on tape and mini dvd but its hard trying to get enough for a hour long dvd. i wish i could share but i unfortunately don't know how to share a 10 min video.

ronn 03-22-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tator (Post 54196)
I have never tried this. To me, it would be too much to hassle with ))(videoing my hunts))). Most times when I bow hunt, I'm just getting off work and it's everything I can do to even remember by BOW as I'm leaving the house (yes that once happened.... :bag:)

I think if I ever videotaped a hunt it would be my kids' hunts. But even then, I wonder if it'd be too much hassle.

tator getting a hunt/kill on video is this close to doing it yourself without video. its a challenge and its still hunting even though you ain't pulling the trigger. and isn't that the best part of hunting and the taking of an animal is only icing on the cake? i think so. if i could have taken an animal and filled a tag but passed thats as good as getting it done to me.......sometimes.

Noah Racette 03-22-2011 08:47 PM

They sell these stabilizers with a build in camera that you can video your hunt.

tator 03-23-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronn (Post 54206)
tator getting a hunt/kill on video is this close to doing it yourself without video. its a challenge and its still hunting even though you ain't pulling the trigger. and isn't that the best part of hunting and the taking of an animal is only icing on the cake? i think so. if i could have taken an animal and filled a tag but passed thats as good as getting it done to me.......sometimes.

Oh believe me, I know it's still hunting... but by the time I get up in the tree and get settled in it would be a struggle to set up a camera too. Like I said, I may try this when my kids get older and begin hunting.... but would only do it in a deer stand- not tree stand.... don't have the equipment for that. I enjoy watching others' videos! :yes:

scentman 03-26-2011 10:54 AM

I use a Cannon Vixia hf r100 mini cam, great little camera and the HD is very clean, I cannot believe the picture quality! I only paid about $500.00 and I do not scout or hunt without it. My computer is dial -up so I can't submit video... too slow. When filming turkeys the color is phenomanel.

ronn 03-26-2011 12:08 PM

i use the sony handicam minidvd but found the disks are too small, 30 mins,and now i use the same camera only with minidv tapes. it works good for what i do