Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Pictures (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/pictures/)
-   -   Just Finished 10' Tower and Stairs (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/pictures/7385-just-finished-10-tower-stairs.html)

my2071111 03-11-2011 02:09 PM

Just Finished 10' Tower and Stairs
 
Just Finished 10' Tower for 4' x 6' Blind with Propane Bottle Rack, Stairs with 3' x 3' Landing Platform and Handrails.
http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/a...071111/006.jpg
http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/a...071111/005.jpg
http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/a...1111/004-1.jpg

BruceBruce1959 03-11-2011 03:06 PM

looks great but HUGE, looks like you're going to need a Semi and flatbed trailer to haul it to where it will be setup. :shocking:

my2071111 03-11-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceBruce1959 (Post 53634)
looks great but HUGE, looks like you're going to need a Semi and flatbed trailer to haul it to where it will be setup. :shocking:

No the Stairs and landing hook and pin. It will fit on 16' utility trailer.

rdrader2002 03-11-2011 11:12 PM

Just gotta ask the question --

What the heck is the propane tank for? You planning on building a small house up there and the propane is for the heater?

BTW - Howdy neighbor! I'm just down the road from you in Lampasas County.

ronn 03-12-2011 07:06 AM

i think i'd have an X, braces going the other way as well, but it looks good.

Hunting Man 03-12-2011 07:15 AM

I was going to comment then got all confused what hunting is all about. :crazy:Comfort is in the eye of the builder, I guess. Lot of work though went into that stand. My buddy in the UP of Michigan has a lazyboy in his blind box so I can't say too much. I hope you don't post that you've installed a windshield wiper on the sliding windows :wallbash:just kidding! :whistling:

my2071111 03-12-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdrader2002 (Post 53663)
Just gotta ask the question --

What the heck is the propane tank for? You planning on building a small house up there and the propane is for the heater?

BTW - Howdy neighbor! I'm just down the road from you in Lampasas County.

It's not for me, but assume it's for a heater. Howdy back @ ya.

my2071111 03-12-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunting Man (Post 53666)
I was going to comment then got all confused what hunting is all about. :crazy:Comfort is in the eye of the builder, I guess. Lot of work though went into that stand. My buddy in the UP of Michigan has a lazyboy in his blind box so I can't say too much. I hope you don't post that you've installed a windshield wiper on the sliding windows :wallbash:just kidding! :whistling:

It's not for me. I still hunt in a cold box with no windows. And ya a lot of work went into the stairs mainly.

buckfever 03-12-2011 08:52 PM

There have been times if I would have had a heater in the treestand I probably would have hunted longer. (just saying)

Stand looks good. Hope they are putting it in a permanent location.

my2071111 03-12-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckfever (Post 53711)
There have been times if I would have had a heater in the treestand I probably would have hunted longer. (just saying)

Stand looks good. Hope they are putting it in a permanent location.

The tower is not to heavy empty, but the stairs got to be a bit much for me after I put on expanded metal and handrails.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 AM.



LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC8