Deer Hunting Forums banner

some more lever actions

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Buckshot 
#1 · (Edited)
Some lever actions I currently have. The second from the bottom is a Win 38-55 cal legendary frontiersmen model with great wood. There are 2 Sav 99's at the top a 300 and the 250-3000, a Win NRA 30-30 in the middle and a pre-64 Win 30-30 at bottom.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
My rifle of choice for deer is a Ruger 270, it is old and beat up with a cheap scope but has always shot straight and hits them hard. It was my dads gun so I really love to carry it in the woods.

Never really got into collecting guns I just buy what I need to hunt with and as long it gets the job done I don't change it. My shot gun for example is a 1963 High standard that I have hunted everything under the sun with.

#4 ·
Nice collection HM!

My uncle has a similar pre-64 Winchester. Watched my grandfather use it when I was but a wee lad. It used to sit in the rifle rack in the back window of the pick-up every time we went out into the pasture. Seeing that one brings back some very fond memories.

Father-in-law has a similar Savage 99 in .300 Savage. Still very much in working order. He keeps it loaded around the house just in case he spots any varmints -- 2 or 4 legged. <grin>

Wouldn't mind latching onto to either or both of them, but that will all be decided by their wills when they pass on. I'd like to at least keep them in the family, since they are both collectables.

Again, nice collection!

#6 ·
I made a couple of big mistakes in the last 10 years. I had a real nice Win 375 and a Marlin 444 and sold them. What a mistake looking back now. Nothing wrong with a 35 rem. I want a Rem model 141 in 35 rem when I can find a collector grade. I had Rem 141 in 30 cal and sold it too. That's another mistake. Man, I'm starting to get depressed.:bag: I love collecting firearms and shooting them. Found/bought 1 box of 250-3000 yesterday at a S.Michigan gun show for 26.00 not bad, pretty honest dealer. Another dealer has 5 boxes of Win 100 gr silvertips that I can get. The gun show was worth going to just to locate some ammo for the Savage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.