New trail cam pics. - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Pictures
Pictures Show off your new gun, truck, or your own mug shot in this forum for miscellaneous pics.

Old 09-24-2010, 04:38 PM
B&C 160 Class

It does seem a little strange when you bring in a cooler you can barely shut
and end up with just a few stacks of meat in the bottom of the cooler when you pick it up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2010, 09:56 PM

Great pics...

And on the processors... You know those guys are hooking theirself up with the best tenderloin etc.... Or their buddies with a couple pounds here and there.. They dont buy meat from the store ever..
Old 09-27-2010, 10:25 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckfever View Post
Great pics...

And on the processors... You know those guys are hooking theirself up with the best tenderloin etc.... Or their buddies with a couple pounds here and there.. They dont buy meat from the store ever..
i have my choice of 2 processors. the one guy ALWAYS has summer sausage and jerky for sale. not supposed to sell it, but. always wondered where the meat come from. lol. the other guy i use seems to be pretty up and up. he weighs them when they come in and you should get about 35% of the live weight back in meat. hogs are alittle less, about 33% . he seems to do me right. been using the same guy for about 9 years and my coolers are always pretty full when i pick up my deer.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:14 AM

The only thing I don't bone out is the neck roasts, but I've weighed out the remaining meat from 120 lb bucks and usually get around 50% from the carcass?? 60-65 lbs would be the norm. I don't do sausage, it doesn't do well with me. I'm going to re-check this if things work out this year and give an up-dated report. My buddy de-bones the neck roast and rolls it up and ties it with string after seasons are added and then bacon wrapped for the oven. I prefer the pressure cooker for the neck roast comes out better than any beef would.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:27 PM
B&C 160 Class

The presure cooker is a great thing for venison.

I use a processor because of the time it takes to cut and package. I trust the guy I use now I have seen how he runs his shop and he has a great system. All he does is deer, he set up a shop behind his house and has a good layout that takes the deer from the drop in cooler to the skinning/hanging cooler. He takes one deer at a time to cut and package.

He only works durring deer season and will process 800+ deer a season @55 ea. He fishes the rest of the year.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:12 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
delbert you're pretty good! I do my own processing just because the 1 time I had a commercial shop do it and took a tour of the place i knew right there I had to do my own. They would grind burger into a very large vat mixing with other's deer, and I also got about 1/2 the weight I should have.
sounds like you went to the wrong place.Check out other processors.The one I use is a very good guy and does one at a time no mixing yours with others and always feel I get plenty back for what I take in.There is always a bad one of everything,Dont judge them all on the one bad one.