Deer Hunting Forums banner

Early doe season with a buddy.....

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  buckfever 
#1 · (Edited)
i have hunted with a bow a few times. not by any means an expert. A buddy of mine and myself went out saturday for the last day of early bow season. well, 7 PM rolled around, sun was fixin' to sink away, and we literally had 30 deer roll into our "spot". now when i say 30 deer, im not meaning huge 20 pointers, and massive racks. mostly doe's. a few nice 8 pointers. and the one doe, that we both wanted, rolled right in front of us. i had the browning recurve, and with 60 or more eyes on you, moving isnt an option. my buddy drew back, and held his 60 pound bear for 5 minutes. most are saying, 5 min. 60 pounds! what a girl. well, my buddy just had shoulder surgery the beginning of the year. so 5 minutes was an eternity. doe came in, he couldnt hold it any longer, and he let it fly. it was like slow motion. now our tree stands sit about 37 feet up, and she was pretty much directly below us, and it went straight down through her neck, severed the spine, and hit the JUG. she didnt jump, wheeze, or even kick. she dropped. she weighed out to 137 and 1/8 LB. dressed she was just over 116. so here is the picture of the old girl. based on molars, we aged her at 4 to 4 1/2. pretty old for this area. :boxing:

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
i added a picture from my tree stand. kinda give you an idea of the outline of the height...... i got big on a safety harness real quick....hahaha

#7 ·
yes sir! ill be out in the morning with the ol' muzzy. our trail cam has a 4 gig chip, can hold about 4200 pictures in HD, and it was almost half full in 4 days. so that kinda gives you an idea about how many friggen SQUIRRELS we have..... but no, alot of them were pretty good sized doe's. we have markings on the tree in front of the cam, to give us a rough estimate as to how big they are. and one looks to be a good 160 or so. hoping for the best! and my buddy will be video taping the hunt, so ill make sure i put it up if i get something. HAPPY TRAILS!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.