Last years big 6 is now a ....... - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Pictures
Pictures Show off your new gun, truck, or your own mug shot in this forum for miscellaneous pics.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:51 AM
B&C 100 Class

Default Last years big 6 is now a .......

Last year we had a nice 6 pt we let go to see what he would be this year!! We got him on camera this year and he is a Giant 6 pt......So what do you guys thing?? is he gonna get bigger or stay a 6 pt forever?? I think he is on the hit list this year!! The pic that says 2007 is really last year(dates are messed up)...the other 3 are from this year
Attached Images
File Type: jpg big 6 09.jpg (67.9 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg giant 6 1010.jpg (43.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg giant 6 #2.jpg (82.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg giant 6 #3.jpg (56.0 KB, 42 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2010, 12:28 PM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggle View Post
Last year we had a nice 6 pt we let go to see what he would be this year!! We got him on camera this year and he is a Giant 6 pt......So what do you guys thing?? is he gonna get bigger or stay a 6 pt forever?? I think he is on the hit list this year!! The pic that says 2007 is really last year(dates are messed up)...the other 3 are from this year
i think he's a 6 and is ging to pretty much stay that way. he may grow a little crap but probably nothing worth waiting for. i'd whack him if i got the chance. but thats me.

if the dates are correct he was 2.5 in 07 makes him 5.5 this year.

what is that camera? pretty rough. 9 am and a flash? me thinks the clock is worng.

Last edited by ronn; 09-06-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:24 PM
B&C 100 Class

Ronn the pic that says 2007 is from last year the date and times were messed up.....the 3 pics from this year, My buddy checked the camera and took a picture off his computer with his cell phone and texted them to me, thats why they look a rough. lol The cameras are actually pretty good for the money. I think they are the d55 moultri flash $99. they take good pics, trigger speed is a little slow, battery life is great!
Old 09-06-2010, 01:27 PM
ronn

still thats 3.5 this fall and i really doubt you'll see much improvement in the head gear. i'd whack him if i had the chance.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:00 PM

He is a great deer now!!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2010, 06:59 PM

Trophy hunters are going to let him go another year as he hasn't maxed out yet if nutrition is good. However, I'm not a trophy hunter and he would be on my list. He still looks young in the body, rest of pictures are a bit fuzzy to get a real good look at him.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:23 PM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
Trophy hunters are going to let him go another year as he hasn't maxed out yet if nutrition is good. However, I'm not a trophy hunter and he would be on my list. He still looks young in the body, rest of pictures are a bit fuzzy to get a real good look at him.
hm the first pic is last year. i'd say 2.5? so the fuzzy pics are this year making him 3.5. he might improve but i really doubt it'll be worth the wait.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:43 PM

I thought that he wouldn't peak till 5.5-6.5 then maybe start some reduction in total score after that. I wouldn't pass him up though. He's a nice 6! He may always be a nice six, I think he still could max out on score some more though, if it was a controlled area.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Scrub Buck

That is a big 6. I would like to say let him go another year, but if he wonders over to the next farm I doubt they would do the same. Tuff call!!! Let us know how it goes.

Last edited by fireman; 09-07-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:55 AM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
I thought that he wouldn't peak till 5.5-6.5 then maybe start some reduction in total score after that. I wouldn't pass him up though. He's a nice 6! He may always be a nice six, I think he still could max out on score some more though, if it was a controlled area.
maybe .