Track on track - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Pictures
Pictures Show off your new gun, truck, or your own mug shot in this forum for miscellaneous pics.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:37 AM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
Very good Ron, I hadn't noticed it in that picture but I have seen some hog track at the farm. My brother has 135 acres about a mile north of me and he had some hogs on his place last year. A little pork in freezer will be alright too.
what is the season on pigs in tn? or is it like pa shoot on sight? yea yea that pig is tasty stuff. honestly i like it better than venison.

Last edited by ronn; 08-22-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2010, 09:21 AM
B&C 160 Class

It is shoot on sight, no tag required in most of TN. The east TN mountains where the Russian strain is dominate they have a pretty liberal season but you have to check them in like deer.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:30 AM
ronn

get'um .
Old 08-22-2010, 10:22 AM
B&C 140 Class

looks like a hog track to me.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:18 AM
ronn

i've not seen then that i know of. we don't have pigs. a few russian boar get out of the park once in a while. so i've only seen them in books like bb posted. kinda wish we had them then again i'm glad we don't
Old 08-22-2010, 04:07 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
i've not seen then that i know of. we don't have pigs. a few russian boar get out of the park once in a while. so i've only seen them in books like bb posted. kinda wish we had them then again i'm glad we don't
i really enjoy hunting hogs. i think we have more hogs in Florida then we do people. They are mighty tasty and fun to spot and stalk. But the down side is that they are very destructive. Georgia farmers are playing heck with them. I'm working on going up on a hog eridication hunt. lol . Shoot them till you run out of ammo. lol Lots of backstraps.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:22 PM
ronn

there was a place in GA that you pay 55 and shoot all day long. no appointment just show up and shoot.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:38 PM
B&C 140 Class

Hogs were discovered here in a lil town called Dublin (the world famous home of Kevin Skinner ) not far from my house a couple years back. Been a bunch of them killed. Someone brought them here and dumped them I'm told. They say that's a crime. Nobody wants them here. But, Dublin sits on the edge of Murphy's pond / Obion creek drainage, big swampy area and it's loaded with cottonmouths. Hogs might not be a bad thing. I had a friend that was in the air force and at one time stationed in Vandenburg af base in California. He told the story of the rattlesnake problem they had on the base and they brought in hogs (snakes natural enemy). The hogs took the low ground and the snakes took the high ground. Now they have both. But eliminated the snake problem down low.

Oh and no season here, just shoot on sight. There was a farmer in the area that would take you out on his combine at night whlie he was cuttin corn.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:06 PM
ronn

pigs will clear out the snakes. i remember that as a kid in tn. we ain't got many snakes here either. once every ten years someone will see a rattler but i don't even think about them while running around the woods. which by the way is kinda a draw back when i go to pa or elsewhere.