if i get the opportunity - Page 3 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Pictures
Pictures Show off your new gun, truck, or your own mug shot in this forum for miscellaneous pics.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:48 PM
B&C 160 Class

Default mowing time

I have a final cut to do myself in august and ur right with no rain its not good to cut the clover.I hope u get to freshen it up for them,and keep them does around.Ever had a any luck with fake scrapes along these edges.I was thinking of trying it this year have never done it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2010, 10:41 PM

I use false scrapes every year for PA archery during the rut. I hang a scent wick above the scrape and use at least two different doe-in-heat products. I like to set the scrapes at 20 yds out in a Y formation from my stand as this also gives me a known shot distance. If you can locate real scrapes all the better. I've just started using some buck urine but don't have a real good report yet on how effective it is.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:30 AM
B&C 160 Class

Default mock scrapes

i think im gonna give it a go this year,i have a nice logging rd just above my stand thats gets tore up and i no it would be a nice set up.Hunting man have u ever used one of those scrape drippers.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:33 AM
ronn

no need they real deal is there. granted they aren't the main scrapes just a business card scrapes
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:38 AM
B&C 160 Class

Default mock scrapes

what i meant was freshen one up when i go in,try to get ones dander up.Whos taking over his scrape and messin with it.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:27 AM

That's one more move of the chess game of rut hunting. I do like to use scents made from northern deer, and if hunting in the south use southern deer products. I've had deer act as if nothing interests them and then I've had deer use the mock scrape just like the real thing. Nothing is better than seeing a buck take over your mock scrape.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:08 PM
B&C 160 Class

Default scrapes

Thanks for the tips
Old 07-20-2010, 03:51 PM
ronn

i like using mock scrapes. year before last i had pretty good success using that spray stuff from tinks. got a picture somewhere of a fork taking it over the very evening i made it.

Last edited by ronn; 07-20-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:42 PM

I've never used a scent dripper. I think after I dunk a scent wick in a bottle and hang it up I've got several good hours of scent dispersion. Ocasionaly I also spray from the ladder stand just to get a higher wind drift and further down wind coverage. I don't know if hunters are leaving the scent drippers out all night but I want fresh scent out when I'm on stand. The scent drippers could bring the bucks in at night and not return during daylight hours, I'm not sure on this one.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:19 PM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
I've never used a scent dripper. I think after I dunk a scent wick in a bottle and hang it up I've got several good hours of scent dispersion. Ocasionaly I also spray from the ladder stand just to get a higher wind drift and further down wind coverage. I don't know if hunters are leaving the scent drippers out all night but I want fresh scent out when I'm on stand. The scent drippers could bring the bucks in at night and not return during daylight hours, I'm not sure on this one.
they operate on the temperature change of day to night and night to day. so they don't drip at night. i've tried them they work well but take a day or so to acclimate. doubt they work if the temp never gets above freezing. grin

Last edited by ronn; 07-20-2010 at 09:46 PM.