Deer Hunting Forums banner

My pics. . .

6K views 19 replies 3 participants last post by  ronn 
#1 · (Edited)
Thought I might share some of my "best" shots of this year too.......

TEEXAS 2-STEP "Deer Style"------>

I had about 1,000 pics this year (hunting season). . . .last year I had MAYBE 400 at the most. . . but since getting the Cuddeback for Christmas that number is now twice what it was!

~ ~ ~ ~So how did yall's season turn out?????? I got an 8 point...........

See less See more
#2 ·
way to go on that buck and those are some great pics .post some more.

#5 · (Edited)
Good thing to remember.....that must have been why I kept getting so many "bright" shots.

Here are some more..............

^^^ I HAVE NICK-NAMED THIS BUCK "REINDEER" ---- I LOOKED VERY HARD TO FIND HIS SHEDS BUT NO LUCK ^^^

^^^^^^THIS YOUNG 9 POINT SHOULD BE A REAL NICE ONE IN A COUPLE OF YEARS^^^^^^

^^^^ THE BUCK ON THE LEFT MUST BE THE SON FROM THE BUCK IN THE 1ST PHOTO???? :) ^^^^

^^^^^FOUND THIS BUCK'S LEFT SHED ANTLER^^^^^

#7 ·
wow great bucks that first is amazing the length on those tines............wow.They dont grow like that in NY is this private property?or a ranch?

#15 ·
They dont grow like that in NY is this private property?or a ranch?
Yes it is private propery
It is a cattle ranch (111 acres) low fence - half the land is woods
None of the neighbors hunt.(cattle ranchers)

I feed the deer corn and other things like Buck Bran, Deer Cane,etc.But only during the rut

G
#17 ·
I would think feeding the deer in the summer would be harder with all the food available out there. But mineral licks should be hit though. you know those rust colored blocks. There may be enough of them out there already being cattle ranches. Don't know.:unsure::unsure:

#18 ·
Now that I think about it----there are tons of salt blocks around for them!!!....and my neighbor has alot of "mineral buckets" for his cattle----would deer possibly eat out of them???? They have calcium, phosphurous, vitamins, etc. Perfect things to make big antlers. I have seen some of my deer lick the cattle's salt blocks.....have to watch the deer and see.:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

G
#20 ·
Now that I think about it. If you set a block or just pour that mineral right on the ground, where the deer are more comfortable, in the cover, you may get all the deer to use it and have them abandon the ones in the open. That way its in the soil and harder to get, making them hang around longer. They don't like the open as much as in the cover. May take a little time to get them "trained" but it should work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.