Deer Hunting Forums banner

new knife project

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Hunting Man 
#1 ·
Finally got back to some knife work today. I have this one roughed in and will start the finishing in the next couple of days.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Tator it is a fix blade at 7 5/8" long with 3" of cutting surface and about 4 1/2" of handle. Last knife I sold on e-bay was $125.00 and I covered shipping. This one would be the same. I haven't started doing sheaths yet but they are available. I haven't tried doing any folder models as I like fix blade knives as you get some more handle material area to look nice. I don't make a fortune on these but as a hobby I have to recoup enough to make new ones. This is a very stout everyday use hunting knife that should last several lifetimes. I don't make them for display. I can never make another to match as handle material vary every time so each one is a truly one of a kind. The new wood on it's way should make for some real nice handles.

#9 ·
wow, that's a big blade. Those bucks in MO must be pretty big. Just kidding. Right now Tator, I locate quality blades like A6-A8 or English damascas steel through the internet. Then just create from there. The guys getting 300-400 or more for their knives do it all. I don't have the shop equipment to do that and at this stage of life probably will not spend that kind of money. I am thinking of putting my logo on though. My son drew up one that has a set of antlers with HM in the middle. I like it but it will cost about 300.00 to get the etching machine and stencil to do it. I'll never be rich and famous but it is a hobby and hunting knives with a little custom work hey everyone should own one!!!!!:bag:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.