Other Uses for Game Cam - Deer Hunting Forums
Pictures and Videos Show off your new gun, truck, or your own mug shot in this forum for miscellaneous pics.

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Scrub Buck

Other Uses for Game Cam

I thought I would start with a thread about uses for Game Cams. Of course they take great photos in the woods that help us monitor game animals, but I was wondering what other things you may use your cam for. I use mine to watch the house while I am at work. But I am curious as to what else people use them for.

Last edited by BruceBruce1959; 04-05-2008 at 04:28 PM. Reason: inappropriate Photo
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 04:21 PM
B&C 140 Class

My mother in law lives on a sharp curve. The drunk teens around here like to miss the curve and drive through her yard. So I have the trail cam set on a tree in her front yard to see if I can get a liscense number. I must say your pics are much better.

We cannot continue to do the same things and expect different results
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 09:41 PM
B&C 140 Class

Around Christmas time some teenagers (I guess) get together and go around the town and put the lighted deer in positions that they should not be in. So we put up a cam and they have not come back since.

Tell me and I forget. Show me and I remember. Involve me and I understand.
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 02:53 AM
B&C 100 Class

i put mine around the house inside and out during parties to get those un expected silly pics
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 09:17 AM
B&C 180 Class

I used to put my strobe flash ones all around the house in the evening and scare my wife! haha it's funny, trust me!

James 1:2-8
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 05:20 PM
B&C 160 Class

I just took the Sheriff some pics of trespassers the other day !
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 11:20 PM
B&C 140 Class

If I can manage another deer this year, I want to put the trail cam over the gut pile. the gut pile from my early season buck was totally gone in less than 24 hours. I thought it would be neat to see all that visited the kill site and who managed the lions share. I imagine it would be a pretty busy camera.

PSE 2006 FIRESTORM LITE #70
PSE 2009 TREESTAND GX #70
PSE 2010 1/2 AXE 6 #60
PSE 2011 EVO #70

The Devils Advocate

Revelation 22:17

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 09:15 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator View Post
If I can manage another deer this year, I want to put the trail cam over the gut pile. the gut pile from my early season buck was totally gone in less than 24 hours. I thought it would be neat to see all that visited the kill site and who managed the lions share. I imagine it would be a pretty busy camera.

My father-in-law had a good idea the other day that I think I'm going to try after the first of the year. He said to take an old chicken (store bought) and tie a string around it and hang it down from a branch on a tree about 4 feet off the ground. Then put a trail cam next to it. We have alot of bobcats here in MO but I've yet to catch one on trail cam. I see their tracks everywhere, but no pics yet. Maybe this idea will get me some pics!

James 1:2-8
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 03:42 PM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator View Post
i did this, this past rifle season. haven't been back to check it yet.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 08:57 PM
DVW
B&C 120 Class

My boss kept loosing beer from the fridge in the garage. No one would fess up so he put his game cam across from it on the wall. He got good pics of his wife steeling his beer while he was at work.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode