Deer Hunting Forums banner

Hunting Season

6K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  turner 
#1 · (Edited)
EYE CANDY Lets see some Trail Cam pics

Evander

Tall Tine was a 7 last year no good pics yet this year but looks like he is still a 7 from this pic

See less See more
#5 ·
yup I think he is he is the same Buck I have been trying to get my sights on for 3 years now I am pretyy sure he will die of old age
he is a swamp donkey stays in the thickest of cover & there is a lot of it
I have yet to get one picture of him in daylight at any time of the year

#13 ·
if I put cams out where I hunt they'd get stolen for sure, camp is too far away to check on them regularly,,,
so I have to locate deer the ole fashioned way by sight, sound & tracks, they're not really noisy sound it's hard as heck to hear 'em
and finding tracks in the woods is no easy task unless there's a ground covering of snow, so sight is what I have to rely on mostly
and my old eyes aren't what they used to be BUT like any veteran hunter will tell you it's almost like an instinct now when you
hike into the areas where the deer are most likely going to be without even thinking about why you went that way to find them.
Don't you guys experience that when they go into a new woods?

#14 ·
I'm mostly a rub & scrape hunter. So when I show up in PA I'm looking for scrape lines that have rub lines in the same areas then try to figure out an ambush spot to set the stand. I believe that there are only a couple of these spots in any given area but they are THE spot to find. When you locate a 4-way intersection you will see action. Now when flintlock season arrives it's the old fashion way, looking for mid-day feeding in sunny areas. Couple of inches of fresh snow every night and I'm in Nature's heaven.

#17 ·
well this guy showed up this am at my daughters stand
got a lot more deer here then at mine all doe till he showed up
hoping she can get it done during bow season will be her first year bowhunting & IS going to be her first year dropping one

#19 ·
I guess she is like her old man I asked her last night if this guy would go to the top of her list & she told me she wants steaks if he come out1st & she can get a shot yes but the first nice deer that comes out is going in the freezer That's my girl

#24 ·
SIL put out a new Moultrie camera and we ended up with over 3,000 pics of deer in about a month. Last year, in the same location, we got pics of a nice high-racked buck I was lucky enough to run into on opening day afternoon. I'll hope our luck holds out this year as well. Our Kentucky lease and some of the nicer bucks we've seen.

Attachments

#27 ·
Thanks. Yes, the hole stays fairly large as we've been leaving salt or mineral licks there at least once or twice a year now for about 6 years. That spot also holds a bit of water if not really dry for weeks, so they stop by for a little salt "fix". This area is adjacent to a pretty good-sized swamp, surrounded on all sides by argriculture; corn and soybeans. Below is a before & after shot of the buck I took last season. The 2011 shot shows a big buck I didn't see :no:. I took a smaller 8 point at another stand location opening afternoon, 2011.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.