Deer Hunting Forums banner

camera sd cards?

9K views 32 replies 6 participants last post by  tomlightfield 
#1 ·
i just aquired 2 Bushnell cameras,used with no info except whats on the inside,
Im not an expert on computer stuff and need to know what SD cards should be used in these. i see there are a few differences in them and i am kinda confused.
any help appreciated.

#2 ·
Any SD card will be sufficient enough. The higher the GB the more pics and video you can gather on them. The only tough thing is to just get your camera programmed with the time/date and settings. If you don't have any instructions it may be very difficult. Good Luck and welcome to the DHC.

#5 ·
Be advised that not every SD-based digital camera can handle "any" SD card. Some can only take up-to-1GB, or some can use 2 GB or higher. You really need the documentation or else it is trial and error. Most these days can take at least 2GB cards, which are plentiful and cheap.

#6 ·
Be advised that not every SD-based digital camera can handle "any" SD card. Some can only take up-to-1GB, or some can use 2 GB or higher. You really need the documentation or else it is trial and error. Most these days can take at least 2GB cards, which are plentiful and cheap.
Good info, I know my older Cuddeback can only take up to a 2GB card, the newer Moultrie goes to either 32 or 64 GB.

#9 ·
Typically if you go with a SD card that is 2GB that is more than enough. I also recommend that if your computer (which you'll be viewing your pics on) is an older one, you may want to stay away from SDHC cards. The HC stands for High Capacity. Some older computer won't read them correctly and it can lead to ALOT of frustration- I know, been there. SD cards work just as well as the HC ones,,, don't know what all the hoopla is about- a bunch of 10 y/o nerds sitting around making us pay more money for two extra letters.. HC

#12 ·
So Tator how old is your computer?
when you connect to the internet does the operator come on and ask you to deposit $.10?
is your model# in roman numerals?

#13 ·
Yes and Yes.

My home computer is getting up there in age (kinda like a moderator here at the DHC- but I won't mention names). My work computer is somewhat newer...

My wife and I are talking about getting a laptop maybe this Christmas. I love being able to sit wherever you want (and I mean WHEREVER! :lol:) and log on to the WORLD WIDE WEB!

#15 ·
With the SD cards,,,, are you talking about when you pull the card and put into your computer,, it's giving your problems,, or when you put it in the camera? I've been having trouble with my actual cards as well when I try to delete pics. It says they are protected and that I cannot delete them.

#16 ·
It is when I put it in the Camera not the PC if I do get it to accept the cards when it goes into sleep mode it will not pick up the card again

#20 ·
GFD- or anyone else who may know- how come all of a sudden my SD cards when I plug them into my computer tells me that they need to be formatted? I've been told to NOT do this b/c it will erase all the pics on the card. How did they work one time and now not able to work. Another problem I'm having is that when I go to delete the pics off the SD card, it won't let me. WHY THE HECK NOT?!?! <--- sorry that's what I yell at the computer! The geniouses that made SD cards are such wonderful people. I have not changed a SINGLE THING with what I've always done.

HELP PLEASE!

#21 ·
Tator
I get that if my SD card potection switch is not all the way up
also make sure your cameras are off before removing them
last thing I can think of is just the age of the card
I have one card that the cams nor the pc will read
other then that I just don't know

#22 ·
Tator found this try to reformat it using the trail - cam I am pretty sure you can do it in the D55Ir's but not 100% sure

Reasons to format a memory card

#25 ·
GFD and Tator, this is a few days after the fact, but I just had a glitch with my SD card too. I got a Moultrie M 100 a few months back, I discussed this with Tator before I got it, great camera, so I put it up in the house to test it like Tator did, and yes my shoulder ended up looking like his from taking pictures of my other half. So then I wanted to erase those pics and did exactly what you are NOT supposed to do, used the computer to erase them. So I put the card back in the cam, took it turkey hunting this past week, put it up and had some pics on it via the counter. Tried to view them on my little Sungale viewer(this viewer will read ANY card and ANY format) and it said NO FILE PHOTOS. Brought it home, the computer said same thing, no file, put it in my old digital camera and bingo, the pics were viewable. After some research, I reformatted the card right in the old digital camera by going to the SET UP menu, took pics in the M100, and they were viewable in the Sungale viewer, the computer, and the old digital cam. So I guess the bottom line is don't use the computer to erase pics from the card.
PS: The other bottom line is if you want your shoulders to stay the way they are, don't take trail cam pics of your other half in the house!!!

#26 ·
Man I don't know how I missed this last post Tom
It is Funny how all these cams are different I ALWAYS delete pic's using the computer & never had an issue. one thing I have found with cameras & Sd cards is this
if I use the SD card in my moutrie it formats it's own folder now if I take that card out & use it in my video camera on my bow or a different make trail camera it makes a different folder if I put it back in my moultrie after taking a video My moultrie will sometimes pick the video up as a pic so be sure you clear out all folders

#29 ·
GFD or Tom,

either of you all ever have trouble with your SD card's lock? That little switch thing on the outside of it? I have 2 cards that the "lock" has completely fallen off and now I can't upload any more pics to it nor can I delete pics from it.

ALSO- I have one card that is stubborn. I have about 400+ pics on it, but even with the card unlocked it WILL NOT let me delete pics off of it. It will let me add pics to it, but not take them off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.