FNG with foggy glasses - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Other Hunting Topics > Optics and Hunting Gear
Optics and Hunting Gear Post your thoughts on Optics, Scents, Clothing etc.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Scrub Buck

Default FNG with foggy glasses

Hello everybody, I'm new to the site and this is my first post. Here's my issue, I wear glasses, and I missed a shot on a nice doe this week because my glasses kept getting foged up. I started with a face net. That was awful. So I tried a face cover that just covered my mouth and nose, same trouble. So what are you guys doing to beat this problem? I thought about Rain X and even about Lasik. just wanted some input from anybody who's had this trouble too. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2012, 10:25 AM
B&C 180 Class

I think the best way to get rid of it is Lasik, then you don't have to mess with anything. But, that can be expensive. I only have this problem when looking through binocs...
Old 01-11-2012, 06:14 PM
B&C 120 Class

Have you ever tried contacts? The foggy glasses thing used to drive my hubby nuts so that's how he fixed the problem. Also you can get anti fog cleaner/wipes for your glasses that helps.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:58 PM

If you wear bi-focals now don't get lasik. I made a serious mistake several years ago and had lasik done and it destroyed my up close vision. I did get distant vision but need glasses for everything up close. The doctor failed to inform me that the proceedure would zap whatever close vision I had. Now with lasik, bi-focals and glasses open rifle sights are just about not an option anymore. With anti-reflective coatings on all my glasses I don't get fogged up. I also never wear a mask though so maybe that's the real reason. Is the face mask for cold or cover-up?? I don't see a reason for a face mask and I've hunted in nasty cold stuff, like -30*. Yes I was cold but face was good with a wool hat on my head. Feet and hands were the problem.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:51 AM
Scrub Buck

I tried contacts back in the 80's, I just couldn't get over the idea something was on my eyeball. Plus it'd take an hour to put them in.
I like the face screens because I have kind of a big face, think Shreck only my ears are smaller. Anyway, Thanks for the help everybody.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:56 AM
B&C 180 Class

I had an astigmatism when I was around 8y/o and wore glasses for around 6 or 7 years. I finally kept telling my parents that I could see fine (or good enough) and so I went to another eye exam when I was around 15 or so and the doctor said my astigmatism was gone.
I don't have perfect vision (I can tell), but I have good vision. I can read things up close just fine, a foot away just fine, etc... I can see all the road signs fine. Distances up to around 600+ yds away I'm a little blurry but not blind. When hunting I typically spot deer with ease, when they come around. Even if they are 600+ yds away.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:59 PM
B&C 140 Class

if mask or headnet is just for cover up and they mess with your glasses try useing face paint.Also I seen a web site that had camo peel and stick pre cut for face sections. forehead,cheeks,chin,bridge of nose