Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Optics and Hunting Gear (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/optics-hunting-gear/)
-   -   FNG with foggy glasses (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/optics-hunting-gear/9148-fng-foggy-glasses.html)

Baj Rick 01-11-2012 09:28 AM

FNG with foggy glasses

Hello everybody, I'm new to the site and this is my first post. Here's my issue, I wear glasses, and I missed a shot on a nice doe this week because my glasses kept getting foged up. I started with a face net. That was awful. So I tried a face cover that just covered my mouth and nose, same trouble. So what are you guys doing to beat this problem? I thought about Rain X and even about Lasik. just wanted some input from anybody who's had this trouble too. Thanks

tator 01-11-2012 10:25 AM

I think the best way to get rid of it is Lasik, then you don't have to mess with anything. But, that can be expensive. I only have this problem when looking through binocs...

Kansasdoe 01-11-2012 06:14 PM

Have you ever tried contacts? The foggy glasses thing used to drive my hubby nuts so that's how he fixed the problem. Also you can get anti fog cleaner/wipes for your glasses that helps.

Hunting Man 01-11-2012 06:58 PM

If you wear bi-focals now don't get lasik. I made a serious mistake several years ago and had lasik done and it destroyed my up close vision. I did get distant vision but need glasses for everything up close. The doctor failed to inform me that the proceedure would zap whatever close vision I had. Now with lasik, bi-focals and glasses open rifle sights are just about not an option anymore. With anti-reflective coatings on all my glasses I don't get fogged up. I also never wear a mask though so maybe that's the real reason. Is the face mask for cold or cover-up?? I don't see a reason for a face mask and I've hunted in nasty cold stuff, like -30*. Yes I was cold but face was good with a wool hat on my head. Feet and hands were the problem.

Baj Rick 01-12-2012 07:51 AM

I tried contacts back in the 80's, I just couldn't get over the idea something was on my eyeball. Plus it'd take an hour to put them in.
I like the face screens because I have kind of a big face, think Shreck only my ears are smaller. Anyway, Thanks for the help everybody.

tator 01-12-2012 09:56 AM

I had an astigmatism when I was around 8y/o and wore glasses for around 6 or 7 years. I finally kept telling my parents that I could see fine (or good enough) and so I went to another eye exam when I was around 15 or so and the doctor said my astigmatism was gone.
I don't have perfect vision (I can tell), but I have good vision. I can read things up close just fine, a foot away just fine, etc... I can see all the road signs fine. Distances up to around 600+ yds away I'm a little blurry but not blind. When hunting I typically spot deer with ease, when they come around. Even if they are 600+ yds away.

Hellbilly 02-04-2012 10:59 PM

if mask or headnet is just for cover up and they mess with your glasses try useing face paint.Also I seen a web site that had camo peel and stick pre cut for face sections. forehead,cheeks,chin,bridge of nose