Buck Roar!! - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Other Hunting Topics > Optics and Hunting Gear
Optics and Hunting Gear Post your thoughts on Optics, Scents, Clothing etc.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:13 AM
Scrub Buck

Default Buck Roar!!

I had a friend that just purchased a buck roar call by Primos about 2 weeks ago. He has been using it with OUTSTANDING success. Last night he called in and grunted with TWO separate 8 pointers. Before the night was over he had six bucks move through his area. Unfortunately he shot over the "shooter's" back. (string-jumpin.) Any other folks have good results with the buck roar/wheeze method?
Old 10-30-2007, 08:39 PM

I always wanted to try that out but I get all frustrated when my hunts don't go EXACTLY like the Primos shows. Keep on posting any more results about that product, maybe I'll change my tune.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:41 PM
B&C 180 Class

left my grunt tube upstate may have to try this one out,thanks for the tip
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 10-31-2007, 01:02 PM

I had been planning on buying this new Buck Roar made by Primo's ever since I heard about it and this post prompted me to go get it this morning...
I may go out tomorrow to do some scouting and give it a try,,, I'll let ya know how it goes...

Last edited by buckfever; 11-27-2007 at 01:12 AM.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:37 PM
Scrub Buck

I don't know about the buck roar, but I bought the buck growl by mad calls earlier in the year. I broke that sucker out last weekend and it works great!!! I'm not getting too aggressive with it yet, we're just getting into the pre-rut stage around the house. But I popped em and hit it low and short and they come in with their heads down and ready to go. Can't wait for another week and a half!!!
Old 11-02-2007, 09:30 PM

Default new toy

well i think my daughter or daughters got my grunt and misplaced it. at the end of last season they got ahold of my doe bleat and grunt and proceeded to run around the house playing deer hunter. i have looked everywhere with no sucess. im sure i got them back from them last year but maybe they got back into my stuff. i bought a doe bleat at the beginning of bow season and just today went and bought the buck roar. i was caught between the mad buck growl or the primos buck roar. i am fixing to go watch the video and see if i can pick up any useful tips on using this one. i will probably give it a try in the morning. i will let yall know what happens.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Scrub Buck

I bought the buck roar from primos, a while ago, and in this state, at least where I am, the bucks don't respond to the real aggresive roars, due to 5 does for every buck, but soft grunts on it work pretty good. I also own "The Can" from primos, and that is one call I will never enter the woods without, I have used that many times with great success. The first time I used the can, I was in the stand 10 minutes, and shot my first 8 pointer.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Scrub Buck

Default primos buck roar

just rolled 9 point and this call brought him to shooting range. He did not believe the grunt, but the challenge wheeze, like putty in my hands. not a giant but this is the 3rd buck I have called in. This thing is the real deal.Thanks primos, he would still be out there if it was not for this call!!
Old 12-15-2008, 08:46 PM
B&C 120 Class

I am goin to buy the buck roar. sounds like it works my uncle called in 1 8 point not a shooter and some more little bucks and I have hunted with the can call so long I feel
handicaped in the woods without it. I will usually go to the extent of not huntin without it. I have killed 5 deer with it and called in countless deer with it.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Scrub Buck

i bought that buck roar earlier this season and i have done really good with it i shot a nice nine pointer with it and have called in many good looking bucks i love the buck roar