Buck Roar!! - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Other Hunting Topics > Optics and Hunting Gear
Optics and Hunting Gear Post your thoughts on Optics, Scents, Clothing etc.

Old 10-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Scrub Buck

Default Buck Roar!!

I had a friend that just purchased a buck roar call by Primos about 2 weeks ago. He has been using it with OUTSTANDING success. Last night he called in and grunted with TWO separate 8 pointers. Before the night was over he had six bucks move through his area. Unfortunately he shot over the "shooter's" back. (string-jumpin.) Any other folks have good results with the buck roar/wheeze method?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2007, 09:39 PM

I always wanted to try that out but I get all frustrated when my hunts don't go EXACTLY like the Primos shows. Keep on posting any more results about that product, maybe I'll change my tune.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:41 PM
B&C 180 Class

left my grunt tube upstate may have to try this one out,thanks for the tip
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 10-31-2007, 02:02 PM

I had been planning on buying this new Buck Roar made by Primo's ever since I heard about it and this post prompted me to go get it this morning...
I may go out tomorrow to do some scouting and give it a try,,, I'll let ya know how it goes...

Last edited by buckfever; 11-27-2007 at 02:12 AM.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:37 PM
Scrub Buck

I don't know about the buck roar, but I bought the buck growl by mad calls earlier in the year. I broke that sucker out last weekend and it works great!!! I'm not getting too aggressive with it yet, we're just getting into the pre-rut stage around the house. But I popped em and hit it low and short and they come in with their heads down and ready to go. Can't wait for another week and a half!!!
Old 11-02-2007, 10:30 PM

Default new toy

well i think my daughter or daughters got my grunt and misplaced it. at the end of last season they got ahold of my doe bleat and grunt and proceeded to run around the house playing deer hunter. i have looked everywhere with no sucess. im sure i got them back from them last year but maybe they got back into my stuff. i bought a doe bleat at the beginning of bow season and just today went and bought the buck roar. i was caught between the mad buck growl or the primos buck roar. i am fixing to go watch the video and see if i can pick up any useful tips on using this one. i will probably give it a try in the morning. i will let yall know what happens.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:48 PM
B&C 140 Class

Do they really work that good or are you just that lucky?
Old 11-03-2007, 10:49 PM
B&C 180 Class

baught a combo from buck gardner came with a good grunt tube does multiple types by moving an "o" ring.and a rattle bag with wood dowels pretty good deal for 7$ at walmart
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 11-11-2007, 03:08 PM
B&C 100 Class

so has anyone new gotten this call and tried it since these posts. I saw one at the store and i am tempted to buy it..
Old 11-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Scrub Buck

I got the buck roar this week after hearing all of the hype. got out yesterday afternoon and set up my ground blind. After settling in for about a half hour I gave it a good loud grunts, just like the video, and ten minutes later a nice buck came strolling into the area, but he spotted the blind before he got close enough and took off wheezing. About an hour before dark I gave another couple of roars. Sure enough ten minutes later a doe snuck up from behind and walked within 5 feet of the blind. She stopped and was looking right at me and also looking around the area. She would take a step or two and look around again, but I was frozen. Could she see me? Or was I just a strange black hole in th brush? She bagan to stomp around and was getting further away where I felt a little better about moving a bit, At about twenty yards she turned and set up the perfect shot. THWACK!!
For those of you haven't read my previous posts, it was just a few weeks I was beginning to worry if I would ever see a deer. So thanks to all of those who gave advise, I got my fist deer!!! sorry but I did not get a pic. But I promise to get one of my first buck and post it.
As for the Buck Roar. Coincidence? maybe, but I have to believe it brought those deer to me.
Deernuts