Recommended trail cameras on sale!!! - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Other Hunting Topics > Optics and Hunting Gear
Optics and Hunting Gear Post your thoughts on Optics, Scents, Clothing etc.

Old 12-01-2011, 02:31 PM
B&C 180 Class

Default Recommended trail cameras on sale!!!

Hey there guys, Thought I'd create a posting on some trail cams I've searched for. Some of these I own or have owned, so good luck.

Moultrie M-80 Trail Camera-
*I currently run one of these and it takes 8 AA batteries to run. Nice camera, good pics, and crystal clear MP. I bought mine about 6 months ago for $124 with free ship on ebay. This is the cheapest I've seen them at- On sale at amazon.com for $115 with FREE ship.
Amazon.com: Moultrie Game Spy M-80: Sports & Outdoors

Moultrie D55IR Trail Camera-
*I also run this camera currently and have for about a year. Good camera that sips it's batteries. In one year's use, I've only replaced batteries once. Very nice pics, very good trigger speed. Found it on ebay for $81.99 with FREE ship. This seller has more than 10 to sell.
NEW MOULTRIE GAME SPY D55 IR INFRARED GAME CAMERA 5 MP BEST PRICE ANYWHERE!!!!!! | eBay

Moultrie Picture Viewer-
* I actually have one of these ordered and supposed to be in Friday (tomorrow). THis is a neat gadget because you don't have to spend alot of money on extra SD Cards. It had an onboard SD card (not sure if it comes with it or not) that holds all the pics you transfer to it. When you go to your trail cam, pull the card, insert it in the SD slot and hit transfer and all your pics will go to the onboard SD card already in place. PLUS you can also view pics IN THE FIELD right then and there to see if you want to move a trail camera or if you're like me, and wondering why you got 1,000 pics only to find out when you get home a limb was blowing in front of your camera and you have 950 pictures of a limb! woohoo! haha Just a year ago these were selling for over $100, now Bass Pro has them for $80, but I found them amazon.com for $53.54 with FREE ship!
Amazon.com: Moultrie Digital Picture Viewer: Sports & Outdoors

Last edited by tator; 12-01-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2011, 04:39 PM

Come on what about the WGI Cam you told me was on sale you didn't list that one LOL
I know we would not get another one of them if they paid us to take them

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 12-02-2011, 08:56 AM
B&C 180 Class

haha that's the truth! I just got my moultrie picture viewer last night and I played around with it for awhile... I can honestly say, a MAN made this viewer because it's absolutely the easiest thing to handle, operate, and it all makes sense! haha Going to take it on my hunt tonight!
Old 12-05-2011, 05:52 PM

cool won't need my kids to show me how to run it?

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 12-07-2011, 07:46 AM
B&C 120 Class

Definitely stick with Moultrie! Several years ago I went with a Cuddeback on a friend's recommendation and was happy with it, pics were high quality and trigger speed was the fastest out there, battery life is great. Then I found out that you almost HAVE to have their viewer to check cards in the field, their software won't let your digital camera be used as your viewer, won't read the card! Their viewer was $150 at that time. I did find a viewer that will read anyone's software format for $60 so I was good with that. Then a little bit out of warranty, the cam started shutting itself off when it felt like it. Called C-back, they basically told me to go ---- myself. Bad cust service. Moultrie has surpassed C-back in both innovations and service. I just talked to a guy who had a 4 yr old Moultrie that failed, sent the cam to Moultrie, they said they did not have parts anymore to fix it, they sent him a BRAND NEW CAMERA!!!! How can you beat that!!!!! Thought you guys might like to know this info.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:30 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomlightfield View Post
Definitely stick with Moultrie! Several years ago I went with a Cuddeback on a friend's recommendation and was happy with it, pics were high quality and trigger speed was the fastest out there, battery life is great. Then I found out that you almost HAVE to have their viewer to check cards in the field, their software won't let your digital camera be used as your viewer, won't read the card! Their viewer was $150 at that time. I did find a viewer that will read anyone's software format for $60 so I was good with that. Then a little bit out of warranty, the cam started shutting itself off when it felt like it. Called C-back, they basically told me to go ---- myself. Bad cust service. Moultrie has surpassed C-back in both innovations and service. I just talked to a guy who had a 4 yr old Moultrie that failed, sent the cam to Moultrie, they said they did not have parts anymore to fix it, they sent him a BRAND NEW CAMERA!!!! How can you beat that!!!!! Thought you guys might like to know this info.

You must be talking about the Moultrie SD cards.. which I do not use. I always just buy my SD cards and I've never boughten a trail cam that actually came with SD cards. That's the problem... use regular SD cards and you can check it on any digital camera.. (that's what I used to do).

Plus, for those of you buying SD cards there are new SD cards out there that may not be compatable with your digital cameras and/or trail cameras. They are the SDHC. The HC stands for "high capacity"- these cards DO NOT work with all gadgets, especially ones that are older. I made the mistake and bought one online (ebay) for cheap, but now it's useless b/c I don't have any gadgets that can take that card.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:53 PM
B&C 100 Class

They got some good deals here too plus some free shipping options if you spend enough money which may make it cheaper than Amazon.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:05 AM
B&C 180 Class

I'll have to check them out, thanks!
Old 12-09-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tator View Post
for those of you buying SD cards there are new SD cards out there that may not be compatable with your digital cameras and/or trail cameras. They are the SDHC. The HC stands for "high capacity"- these cards DO NOT work with all gadgets, especially ones that are older. I made the mistake and bought one online (ebay) for cheap, but now it's useless b/c I don't have any gadgets that can take that card.
Tator I am actually using a 4gbhc in the D55Ir & is working fine
it is a sandisk micro w/ the adapter it actually shows capacity of almost 9,000 pics

Steven Wright
Old 12-09-2011, 05:26 PM
B&C 140 Class

I run 3 d-50 moultries on the hog property and 5 d-55ir's on my lease in georgia. VERY happy with Moultrie products.. They take great pics and the battery life on the D-55s is outstanding..