Recommended trail cameras on sale!!! - Page 5 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Other Hunting Topics > Optics and Hunting Gear
Optics and Hunting Gear Post your thoughts on Optics, Scents, Clothing etc.

Old 01-22-2012, 02:58 AM
B&C 120 Class

great pics!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2012, 07:43 PM
Scrub Buck

My unit is the $285 Tomahawk cam. One of Jim's cheaper units. I am very pleased. And it is warrantied forever. His website is JTS Wildlife Cameras "Know What's Roaming Your Woods!" - About JTS Wildlife Cameras He is very popular on the QDMA Forum.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:31 AM
B&C 180 Class

I prefer to spend almost 1/3 of that money on a D55ir and get the same quality of pics. I agree, your pics are good... but not for that kind of money!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:39 AM

wow I have to agree Tator I love the quality of the day time pic's on the D55IR night time could be a little better but for the price they can't be beat I have not brought in my Camera yet still working. I have had temps as low as -15 only issue is when it is that cold & I replace the SD card some times I have to put it in twice as the Cam wont pick up that I inserted it other then that this thing has been through it all High -Low temps rain snow ice been out since I got it I think last spring Yup just checked old posts cam has been out nonstop since March 16th

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright

Last edited by gfdeputy2; 01-23-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:18 AM
B&C 120 Class

No offense to LiveToHunt, but with my funding anymore instead of spending almost $300 on one cam, I would get 3 M80's for $300. I just got the M80 for $100 total shipped to my doorstep. That was weird too, got it from EBAY from a lady, but it was drop shipped directly from Natchez Shooters Supply, with all their paperwork and invoice and her credit card charged $136.42. It came in the typical"adult proof" plastic bubble and it works fine. I don't know how that deal works, but oh well. Wish I could afford a couple more.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:41 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomlightfield View Post
No offense to LiveToHunt, but with my funding anymore instead of spending almost $300 on one cam, I would get 3 M80's for $300. I just got the M80 for $100 total shipped to my doorstep. That was weird too, got it from EBAY from a lady, but it was drop shipped directly from Natchez Shooters Supply, with all their paperwork and invoice and her credit card charged $136.42. It came in the typical"adult proof" plastic bubble and it works fine. I don't know how that deal works, but oh well. Wish I could afford a couple more.

HMM... that is strange Tom... that's the great thing about Ebay, you never know what one person is thinking when selling something! My father-in-law deals HEAVILY in antique glassware... and when I say deals HEAVILY I'm saying he easily has well over $800,000 in antique glass (and other antiques). Anyways, he has been collecting for over 40 years and he knows when someone is letting something go for WAAAY too cheap. It's one of those things that if a person doesn't do the research they are throwing their money away... It's not my father-in-law's fault that someone priced it $500 too cheap. Does it all the time because people think they are getting a LOAD for it, but really not getting the value at all. It's the same thing in those Pawn Stars shows... Those people just want the money to go down the strip to gamble... They always take WAAAAY too little for what they have. BUT it's not the pawn shop's fault, they are doing the service and paying the money.

THAT SAID.. haha -- Been seeing Wal-Mart here in my hometown has D55ir's on sale for $89 which is a good deal. Been keeping an eye on them as they tend to mark things WAAAAY down at the end of Jan or early Feb.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:12 PM
B&C 120 Class

Yeah, I don't know how that deal works, but she still had 7 more left at that price when I bought this one.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:21 AM
B&C 180 Class

Well I went out and checked trail cams yesterday... no good pics of bucks. I also went shed hunting, but found nothing. I did however, get one pic that I thought was really neat... Check it out,, it was with my m80
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0023.jpg (104.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 01-30-2012, 09:08 AM
B&C 120 Class

Neat pic Tator. I do have to say that in spite of all the trouble I had with my Cudde, It would freeze running deer like those in your pic. Other than that, I don't miss that piece of junk at all.