Recommended trail cameras on sale!!! - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Other Hunting Topics > Optics and Hunting Gear
Optics and Hunting Gear Post your thoughts on Optics, Scents, Clothing etc.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:25 PM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfdeputy2 View Post
Tator I am actually using a 4gbhc in the D55Ir & is working fine
it is a sandisk micro w/ the adapter it actually shows capacity of almost 9,000 pics

Really??? do you have to do anything special on your computer to get them to show up so you can view them? I have tried them in trail cams and they take pics, but I can't get them off the card.
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2011, 05:56 PM
B&C 140 Class

tator,

try formatting your cards. Put the blank SD card in your computer and select format. i haven't had any problems with the good SanDisk SDHC cards. Did have some problems with some cheaper SD cards. and i had to format them, then they worked fine. if you do have pics on the cards , you will lose them when you format the cards.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tator View Post
Really??? do you have to do anything special on your computer to get them to show up so you can view them? I have tried them in trail cams and they take pics, but I can't get them off the card.
Sorry Tator I thought I answered this already
No I did nothing special. Like Kemster mentioned you may have to format it I do have trouble with one card but that is an HD card

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 12-23-2011, 12:29 AM
B&C 120 Class

In an earlier post I mentioned my Cuddeback Capture that likes to shut itself off after like 2 days. I found a free Firmware download at Cuddeback's website where you download the newer version onto a SD card then put it into the camera and it uploads the new stuff. After about 10 tries I got it to work, so now I hung the cam and we'll see if this all makes any difference. Anybody familiar with the problem I'm having, and if so what did you have to do to fix it? I already know how I'm gonna fix it if it doesn't stay on longer than 2 days, it's goin' in the dumpster and I'm gettin' a Moultrie!!
Old 12-23-2011, 07:17 PM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomlightfield View Post
In an earlier post I mentioned my Cuddeback Capture that likes to shut itself off after like 2 days. I found a free Firmware download at Cuddeback's website where you download the newer version onto a SD card then put it into the camera and it uploads the new stuff. After about 10 tries I got it to work, so now I hung the cam and we'll see if this all makes any difference. Anybody familiar with the problem I'm having, and if so what did you have to do to fix it? I already know how I'm gonna fix it if it doesn't stay on longer than 2 days, it's goin' in the dumpster and I'm gettin' a Moultrie!!

yes I'm familiar with the problem- just not with that camera. I had TONS of problems with the Wildgame-Innovations- (STAY AWAY from them). At least Cuddeback is giving you a "free upgrade" to fix the prob. Hope it works for you. If not, try the Moultrie line. You won't be disapointed. I currently run the D55ir, and the M80ir. Both are good cams!
Old 12-23-2011, 07:53 PM
B&C 120 Class

Thanks tator, I saw your posts on the Moultrie's you are runnin' and if this doesn't fix that deal, I am MOST DEFINITELY gonna put that-------- in the dumpster. By the time I pay them to fix it(who knows$$$$) and pay the shipping BOTH ways, I'm way better off gettin' the Moultrie on EBAY. I finally had to tell their cust serv person to get ------, I've had it with those morons. Back when that cam was only a few days out of warranty they gave me a hard time, that's why I've got the attitude. And this firmware swap will most likely not fix the shutting off deal. We will see, I've had it hung for 2 1/2 days now and it is still going.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:45 AM
B&C 120 Class

A side note, you said that you used to use your dig cam to view your trail cam pics. That's what I planned on using for a viewer back when I got this cam, but Cuddeback's firmware won't allow that. When you put your card from the trail cam into your dig cam to view pics, it flashes "NO IMAGES" on the screen. And I tried 4 different cameras, including one very expensive Nikon, all the same. I'm gonna get that Moultrie --55? like you said, on EBAY $85 and that includes shipping. And I believe I saw 2 yr warranty?? Then regardless of what the Cudde does, at least I will have a functioning cam.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:14 PM
B&C 180 Class

tomlightfield:
Yes sir! You won't be disapointed with the moultrie brand. I know I'm not as of yet and I've been running them for over a year now. I run my cameras year round and they do fantastic. Another brand to stay away from is PRIMOS. They can NOT take the summer heat. They will shut off just like your cudde is doing. One thing you might try on your SD card for the cudde (if it's still taking pics) is using a different brand card rather than cuddebacks??? I'm not understanding why it won't let you view them on your dig camera unless cuddeback has the cards formatted where you can only view them on a computer?? who knows, they do crazy things. As far as the warranty with the cameras- here's my experience... when you call and complain to them about the camera stopping or not working or whatever, DO NOT tell them when you bought it. And if they ask, just tell them you think it was not quite a year ago. Here's my reasoning for this... if I'm gonna pay more than $100 for a camera it had better flippin' work for more than one year or even two years! IT better last closer to 5-10 years! Now, I have not had to send back a cam to moultrie (obviously), but I did this like I said above with the primos and the WGI cams. If they ask you if you have the reciept tell them NO!

GFD-- ahhoh buddy.... guess what?? it finally happened. My last WGI cam went black on me! haha It lasted almost 2 full years! I'm actually kinda impressed. But you guessed it, I'm gonna send it back. I'm not the type that throws money away at this stuff. 2 years is NOT enough for my money. The cam still turns on, but I left it out on a HOT trail for 2 weeks and I checked it today and when I went to transfer the pics to my moultrie view finder it said "SD CARD EMPTY". Plus, on the camera where it tells you how many pics it has on it, it just keeps saying 12. Never changes. Got a gift card from my parents for Christmas to Bass Pro for $50,, gonna use it and the money I make off selling the new WGI they send me and buy another moultrie. LOL!
Old 12-29-2011, 09:47 PM
B&C 140 Class

Moultrie has some good deals on their web site NOW. Under the internet sales only page. Just ordered some.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:58 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemster99 View Post
Moultrie has some good deals on their web site NOW. Under the internet sales only page. Just ordered some.

sweet thanks!