Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Optics and Hunting Gear (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/optics-hunting-gear/)
-   -   Moultrie Digital Picture Viewer (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/optics-hunting-gear/8805-moultrie-digital-picture-viewer.html)

tator 11-28-2011 08:30 AM

Moultrie Digital Picture Viewer

Hello all!
Just wanted to tell you that I just purchased the Moultrie Picture Viewer on Amazon.com. This is something I've wanted for a long time, but just haven't had the money to get one. They were around $100 last year at this time, but now they are $54! I bought mine two days ago and recieved free shipping. I put the link below if anyone is interested.

They are neat to have because all you have to do is put a SD card in the Viewer and then take your SD card out of your trail cam and you can transfer the pics onto the "on-board" SD card. It will clear your trail cam card and then you just stick it right back in your trail cam. It makes life a little easier! PLUS... do you ever wonder if your spot for your trail cam was a good one? well you can VIEW the pics right there in the field with this gadget. Maybe find out that a dominant buck is living close by and passing through at a certain time. I'm looking forward to recieving mine!

***I JUST CHECKED and they are $51 now, with free ship! BTW, I checked on Saturday, and Bass Pro has the same thing for $80 + tax.

Amazon.com: Moultrie Digital Picture Viewer: Sports & Outdoors

on_the_fly 11-28-2011 10:44 AM

I have their I60 trail cam, it has the viewer already built into it, but I still rarely use it I hunt so close to the house I normally just swap my SD card out about once a week with a empty one.
If I hunted far from home and camped out or something, I think that viewer would be a must if your trail cam don't already have a viewer.

tator 11-28-2011 11:04 AM

I hunt about 5 miles from the house but I'm mainly going to use it right before hunts so that I can look at the pics on stand and see what's been frequenting the area. Plus I like not having to have double the SD cards b/c if you have 3 cams, you almost need 6 cards.

gfdeputy2 11-28-2011 04:36 PM

Tator I keep most of my Pic's on my PC does it save them on the viewer or just delete them?

tator 11-28-2011 05:52 PM

It has a place for an on-board SD card (I'm not sure if it comes with it or not), but what you do is pull the card out of your trail cam, insert it in the 2nd SD slot and transfer the pics to the onbaord SD card. Then when you are all done checking trail cams, when you get back home, take the on-board SD card out of the view finder and plug it into your PC. OR you can even look at the pics in the field if you want to b/c there's a 4 inch screen that allows you to view them right then and there.
You can choose whether or not to delete pictures on the view finder or keep them on there. Same way with your SD card at your trail cams, when you transfer them, you can delete them (that way you don't have doubles) and clear your SD card on your cam. I always like putting SD cards in my cams that are BLANK b/c when I go and check it, I want the pic number to be exactly how many it's taken.
Hope this helps,,, I'm due to recieve mine this Friday and I'm excited about it. I actually saw one at Bass Pro and they were $80. The amazon.com one is exactly the same thing and it's new in package as well. Just $30 cheaper with free shippping. It's a small device, it looks bigger on the internet than what it really is. It can easily fit into your pocket on your pants or jacket.

BTW gfd.... my wife talked me into hitting up some black friday sales this past week and you wouldn't believe how many places had our famous WGI cams on sale for more than half what they were "worth" last year! haha Talk about junk. I have seen the Moultrie D55ir actually increase in price a little bit on Ebay, amazon and Bass pro.... I'm guessing they are finding out people like that model of cam. I do highly recommend my Moultrie D80.... very nice cam and take QUICK pics.
Good luck man,,, and let me know if you have any other questions about the view finder....

gfdeputy2 11-30-2011 05:57 AM

Thanks Tator I will look into one I feel the same way about leaving the blank card in the camera I usualy bring my GPS out of my car with me it has a built in picture viewer in it but it is not waterproof I don't see the WGI commercials like I used to either I think the word is spreading that they are JUNK
I will also look into the D80 going to be looking for another camera sometime soon
Tator is it a D80 or M80 I don't see a D80 just the M80
Do you have a pic I can see from that cam?

tator 11-30-2011 11:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gfdeputy2 (Post 63728)
Thanks Tator I will look into one I feel the same way about leaving the blank card in the camera I usualy bring my GPS out of my car with me it has a built in picture viewer in it but it is not waterproof I don't see the WGI commercials like I used to either I think the word is spreading that they are JUNK
I will also look into the D80 going to be looking for another camera sometime soon
Tator is it a D80 or M80 I don't see a D80 just the M80
Do you have a pic I can see from that cam?

It's the M80--- sorry I always do that! I do that b/c the others are D55ir! Here a pic from the M80,,, both day and night