Primos Truth Cam 60 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Other Hunting Topics > Optics and Hunting Gear
Optics and Hunting Gear Post your thoughts on Optics, Scents, Clothing etc.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:32 PM
B&C 180 Class

Default Primos Truth Cam 60

Hi y'all... Sorry it's been so long since I've been on here... summertime is hectic for me and I stay plenty busy. Got done cutting, raking, bailing hay early last week which I'm thankful for b/c the past two weeks have been scorcers for Missouri. Temps around 100 w/heat index around 110.

Anyways, I'm writing today in regards to my Truth Cam 60. Does anyone use this camera? Here's my problem... the past two times I've went and swapped out memory cards, the camera has been turned ALL the way OFF when I get to it. No one has access to it, that was my first guess... I know all these trail cams have "sleep mode" but does this cam turn all the way off when on sleep mode? When I approach my camera, I walk straight up to it. It should take at least 1 picture of me approaching it. It doesn't. There is over 50% battery life left on it too. I'm wondering if this is a defect or if this extreme heat is causing it to do funny things. Personally, it's really ticking me off b/c with 3 trail cams out I have yet to see one decent buck. The only buck I've seen the past 3 months is a button buck! Get this, the only does I've been seeing is last year's fawn does. I don't get it. I'm not doing anything differently this year and it has me worried. Don't know about you guys, but my adrenaline gets going 100 mph when I pull those cards and when I look at them and see NOTHING to write home about, it takes the air right out of me... Like someone done shot my dog or something. ha. Irritated..yes, majorly.
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2011, 07:06 PM
B&C 180 Class

Ribbit,,, ribbit,,, ribbit.....
Old 08-10-2011, 09:00 PM
B&C 180 Class

Well I got some good news... seems like Primos is a good company to deal with. Called them up and told them I didn't have a receipt and that I only had it since Christmas and they sent me an RMA (or whatever) number and they are going to replace it. I did mention that Wildgame Innovations does this with thier cams and I think they didn't want to be out-done by them. Anyways, I'm looking forward to getting a new cam back and I may just sell it online and buy another moultrie.

Question for all of you... IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK TO BUY A TRAIL CAM AND HAVE IT WORK NORMALLY FOR 10+ YEARS? COMON' WITH ALL OUR TECHNOLOGY THESE DAYS, THEY CAN'T MAKE A TRAIL CAM WORTH A HOOT?
Old 08-11-2011, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tator View Post
Question for all of you... IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK TO BUY A TRAIL CAM AND HAVE IT WORK NORMALLY FOR 10+ YEARS? COMON' WITH ALL OUR TECHNOLOGY THESE DAYS, THEY CAN'T MAKE A TRAIL CAM WORTH A HOOT?
Tator you know we were in the same boat with the WG cam's. My Bro-in law has had his Moultrie going on 6-7 years. I want to say it is a D-40?
My brother & friends have D55 & 65 IR's going on a few years all w/ no issues. with that & you talking about the D55IR I purchased one earlier this year I am happy. I sent my WG's in about 3X within this time frame
I am sticking w/ Moultrie till they give me a reason to change I will be buying another one shortly

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 08-11-2011, 02:46 PM
B&C 180 Class

Yeah I have the D55IR, and I love it. I have not had any problems with it and it's still going strong. Part of me wants to try the primos truth cam again, but part of me doesn't want to chance it again. What do you think GFD... what would you do? I'm leaning towards getting another moultrie... I DO have one WGI cam left and it's not doing too bad. Maybe it's the 1 in a thousand!! hahaha If it quits on me, I'm gonna send it back and def. get a moultrie.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:55 PM

Tator,
if it were up to me & I am not saying you should or shouldn't
I would stick to what works for me that is the Moultrie
Like I said I will stick w/ a company untill they give me a reason not to support them "Like WGI"
I love Primos stuff & they seem to be a very good company but have not used any of there cams
I know I researched them but I can't remember who makes them for Primos
I will look it up again

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 08-15-2011, 07:08 AM

I use the Truth 35. But the hottest part of the year it was sitting in the basement. We had 2 on the lease for year solid. One hit the crapper about 3 weeks ago. They replaced it for free. I also wonder if the heat does a number on them.

We have 3 35's out now. Ill keep you posted on those. If mine hits the bucket I will take deputy's advice and go with a moultrie. I dont want to waste time sending them back etc.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:05 AM
B&C 180 Class

To be honest with you all, I seriously think it was the sun/heat that got to my truth cam 60. The location I placed this cam was on a heavily travled fence line and it was in direct sun from around 11am till dark. The case on the camera was a real nice looking camo when I bought it, but it turned extremely DARK BRIGHT green when I finally pulled from the field. It was still camo, but it was like the sun made the camo turn almost chalkboard green. ?????
Anyways, It's in the mail and going back to the company for a new one. Finally got a buck on my last WGI cam, he was a 4 pointer with no brows.... but still FINALLY A BUCK! haha
Old 08-15-2011, 10:43 AM

Would extreme cold work on them the same way you think??

Those 2 we had out all year were in temps that ranged from 18 to prob high 90s. Like I said above 1 hit the tank and one didnt.

Im curious if moultries are good year round deputy?
Old 08-16-2011, 05:23 AM

My D55IR has been out since I got it march or so
we had temps ranging from 20 to over 90 degrees the only thing so far that seem to be affected are the batteries & still on the same set with over 50% life left
I will say here in NH we don't get 100's of pic's a day though
It has taken over 100 since I put it up

Steven Wright