Primos Truth Cam 60 - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Other Hunting Topics > Optics and Hunting Gear
Optics and Hunting Gear Post your thoughts on Optics, Scents, Clothing etc.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:09 AM
B&C 180 Class

I've had my D55ir out since late Jan and it's still doing fine. Here in MO we have COLD winters and HOT summers, so I need a trail cam that's going to be able to take both conditions. I guess we'll see if the moultrie makes it through the winter, then I'll be sold completely. I'm still itching to try the bushnell that ronn talked so much about. He was sold on them and got me persuaded to try them out sometime. They are like $150 or so last time i checked. Still haven't heard back from primos, but it's still early, I'm expecting them to send my new one back by the end of next week. I'm just not sure what to do with it?!?!

Oh and one other thing- I will say this about my D55ir, I have noticed I get fewer blank pics (ones with NO animal on them). With that primos and WGI seemed like I got lots of pics that were blanks.
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2011, 11:01 AM

I agree I noticed that also the other thing I like is you can get them on EBAY new for under $100
the only thing I can say I don't like about the D55IR & it is not a big deal is it does not have on-board memory so make sure you alway's have a spare SD card with you

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 08-17-2011, 09:11 PM

Since you mentioned the bushnell... One of our cams is a bushnell.. (im sure you can tell from the pics Ive been posting.) It came from walmart for around $150 I think. Its has not messed up yet and its 2 to 3 years old.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:05 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfdeputy2 View Post
the only thing I can say I don't like about the D55IR & it is not a big deal is it does not have on-board memory

This is true of the Primos Truth Cams as well. Well at least the truth cam 60, so i'm guessing the other models don't have this either.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:06 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckfever View Post
Since you mentioned the bushnell... One of our cams is a bushnell.. (im sure you can tell from the pics Ive been posting.) It came from walmart for around $150 I think. Its has not messed up yet and its 2 to 3 years old.

Not to sound like a woman on the phone explaining her new outfit.... but is the camera dark green and about 6in tall by 4 in wide? That's the one I'm talking about... I didn't get the model number off it.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:31 PM

Another 2 primos truth cam 35's crapped out. These are from a guy that used to be on our lease. I still see the dude everyday at work and trust what he says. He sent them back and primos didnt have anymore of the 35's at the moment so they are sending him 2 of the next size up. Thats 3 out of 5 that have stopped working in about 1 year out of the group I hunt and hang around with. Not good odds in my book.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:21 AM

BF
I wonder if they are made by WGI?
My Moultrie is still working fine & still over 60% battery life left (since March or April)

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 08-23-2011, 03:45 PM

Well some more bad news on the 35's

We run 2 35's that have never messed up.. They are about 1 year old..

We run 1 35 that was refurbished and sent as a replacement for one that messed up. Today we check the cams and 2 of the them screwed up. The refurbished one and the one thats been out for about a year solid. Mine is the only one still working and its been in the woods less time than all the other ones.

The bushnell is still doing ok we think. We didnt have but 3 pics on it but the batteries were dead.

I will say this though. Customer service seems ok. They are sending 2 of the 46's. They said they dont make the 35's anymore. I can see why they quit making those cheapos.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:20 AM

So you have a total of 4 bad cameras?
that stinks
I will try to post some pic's from my D55IR for you
So far everything is working fine with it & have read very few complaints with it
mostly was trigger speed but there is an update to shorten it (new ones come with the update) most other problems were with the Sd cards I hear they can be picky with what brand you use but I have 3 or 4 different ones & no issues

Steven Wright
Old 08-24-2011, 06:25 AM

5 total if you count the refurbished one they sent as a replacement for one of the ones that crapped out.