Red Dot scopes - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Other Hunting Topics > Optics and Hunting Gear
Optics and Hunting Gear Post your thoughts on Optics, Scents, Clothing etc.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:42 AM

I have an illuminated crosshair leapers scope on my 12Ga also I contacted them to see if it was strong enough for a shotgun as it wasn't listed they said put it on anything you want it is lifetime warranted have had it for 4 years now & no issues I think it was the bug buster But I can't help I never liked red dots rather have crosshairs

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2011, 11:27 AM
B&C 140 Class

Well I bought it from shotgun870 web site sold as a shot gun scope ( it did also say great for rifles, paintball, and airsoft guns as well) yes it was just under 60 bucks shipped to my door, an as far as weather well I live in Kentucky so coldest it has seen was about 14 degrees, ice n a little snow, and over the spring season now heavy rains for hours, still dry and still sighted in, couldn't be more happier with it and would recommend it to anyone. Only thing I could see with living up in more north US is much colder weather, then I would think one would want to stay away from a battery powered scope, batteriest are week , and fail fast in extreme cold weather no matter if the scope cost 50 bucks or 500 bucks, either are only as good as the battery powering it up.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:19 PM
B&C 140 Class

Check out the Vortex Sparc.

YouTube - Review: Vortex SPARC
Old 04-25-2011, 02:35 PM
B&C 160 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinDeer View Post
Check out the Vortex Sparc.

YouTube - Review: Vortex SPARC
im some what familure with this scope from looking at it from looking up the vortex strikefire. but i like the youtube idea. nice way to see some of these scopes in action.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:06 PM
B&C 160 Class

you can save some money but your not gonna get the battery life and quality of the aimpoint.aimpoints are worth every penny.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:01 PM
B&C 160 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiker View Post
you can save some money but your not gonna get the battery life and quality of the aimpoint.aimpoints are worth every penny.
ya iv been looking all over the place for somthing that i would like as much as the aimpoints. and everything seems to point towards aimpoints being the best. even scopes that got great rewivews like the vortex, in the comments they would say that they were great for the $$$ but that they were no aimpoint. even the EOTechs, and tiijacon acogs dont seem as good ad the aimpoints at the same price, or in the acog's case twice as much. the only advantage the Acog's have over the aimpoint it the trintiam that alows night fire. but everything seems to point that the arimponts are the best scopes on the market.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:44 PM
B&C 160 Class

I have an aimpoint 9000sc 4moa mounted on a winchester slug gun.The aimpoint is awesome for 100 yds or less.Very fast sighting system and rugged design.Aimpoint pioneered red dots and many are in our military.EO tech and trijicon make fine products but i cant afford the trijicon and i prefer the aimpoints over eo tech.You could do a comp3 for about 420$ from wholesale hunter.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:58 PM
B&C 160 Class

yup the Aimpoint comp 3 with a 2 moa dot is what i am looking at as far as the aimpoints go.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

check out the Burris AR sight
you can use either green or red reticle, but it appears black like any other scope if you don't use the battery. the eye relief is perfect and the 3x fixed magnification is just enough for those longer shots, but still allows you to make quick reaction.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote