Wildgame Innovations IR-4 Trail Camera Reviews - Page 4 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Other Hunting Topics > Optics and Hunting Gear
Optics and Hunting Gear Post your thoughts on Optics, Scents, Clothing etc.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:15 AM

Tator did you try walking in front of it to see if it took your pic?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2011, 12:09 PM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfdeputy2 View Post
Tator did you try walking in front of it to see if it took your pic?
Yeah I did that... nothing though... I'm wondering if it's the card I used? Like I said, there should at least be some turkeys and me standing in front of it...
Old 02-21-2011, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

what i save in the cost of batteries in a year with my bushnels over any moultrie will buy me another camera. i have tried all brands and the best for your money and in the long run cheapest to operate will be the bushnel. the bushnel is change batteries oh 3 times a year, not a season, a year, a year being from march to the following january.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tator View Post
BF - have you had any trouble with your truth cam 35?
Nope! But it would be difficult to mess up when its not in the woods! Been working everyday again and havent had time to set it back up. My hunting partners is still fine and in use though.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what i save in the cost of batteries in a year with my bushnels over any moultrie will buy me another camera. i have tried all brands and the best for your money and in the long run cheapest to operate will be the bushnel. the bushnel is change batteries oh 3 times a year, not a season, a year, a year being from march to the following january.
I am not saying anything bad about the bushnel's I have a bushnel rangefinder just with the issues I have had w/ cameras & I have not had problems w/ my older Moulties That is what I am sticking with I have not had batterie issues at all w/ my moultries they go almost a season on batteries I may only get 200 pic's in a season we do not have the heard here like other states NY probably kills more deer in one county then we have in all of NH I don't want the best camera on the market just want one that actually takes pictuers & Moultrie seems to do that for me
Old 02-22-2011, 09:06 AM
B&C 180 Class

In all honesty, Unregistered (that's a good name! (: ) All your cameras are going to be close to the same on battery life. The thing that matters is the amount of pics it takes. I've had to replace the batteries in my moultrie once already and I haven't had it 4 months, but that's because it's taken 1,000+ pics. Just like a regular digital camera, the battery life goes down if you take more pics.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

yup you're right tator, i don't know what i'm talking about. was only getting 200 700 800 even a couple 1500 pix a week on one camera. running cameras for oh 8 years plus or so. total camera count a dozen? fifteen? different brands counting the old moultries that burn up the batteries, and brands most folks haven't heard of. yea i haven't a clue.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:20 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yup you're right tator, i don't know what i'm talking about. was only getting 200 700 800 even a couple 1500 pix a week on one camera. running cameras for oh 8 years plus or so. total camera count a dozen? fifteen? different brands counting the old moultries that burn up the batteries, and brands most folks haven't heard of. yea i haven't a clue.
Easy there tiger,,, a little thick on the sarcasim. Wasn't trying to burst your bubble. Hey to each his own... I don't have problems w/battery life in my cams, and I have different brands. You're obviously pro bushnell, and that's great.

I was pro wildgame innovations for about a month, so was gfdeputy, but they went KAPUT on us. Don't jump to conclusions next time... we're all easy going guys on here and typically are trying to help each other out. I was in no way implicating that you didn't know what you're talking about.

Last edited by tator; 02-24-2011 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

sarcasm is my middle name

nope not pro bushnel. pro getting the most for my money and nice pix. i get about 6000 pix and thats what? 4,5,6, times what you changed batteries at in your moultries. i've seen
your pix, nicer than alot of cameras but not as nice as the bushnel, sorry fact.

try this one

didn't jump to conclusions, just letting you know the facts. apparently you don't care for finding out you may not know as much as you think, and tried to down play/or talk down to other info that differs from your opinion.

do the math. $150 for the camera 3 battery changes ($15 for the 3) and about 16000+ pix. total $165 for 16000+ pix and they are better.

and just so you know, moultries has a problem telling if its night or day. a lot of their cameras just go to the ir no mater what time of day it is. they suggest you add shinny foil to the light sensor so reflects the light in to the sensor so it knows the difference or point it at the sun like you have done but that will wash out the pic.

buy what you want, but from a guy with experience if you want the best from your dollar, right now, try the bushnell from wall-mart, not the any other bushnel cause the cost goes up, the little one from wal-mart.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:26 AM
B&C 180 Class

I'm not here to argue or speak sarcasim towards my fellow hunters... Congrats on finding a good camera. Good luck to you and I'm sure we all hope you join our club!

John 13:35

Last edited by tator; 02-24-2011 at 10:56 AM.