Wildgame Innovations IR-4 Trail Camera Reviews - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Other Hunting Topics > Optics and Hunting Gear
Optics and Hunting Gear Post your thoughts on Optics, Scents, Clothing etc.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:16 AM

Default Update on my camera situation

Have not got my cameras back from WGI yet,
the D55IR I purchased was out of stock imagine that so I bought a used one on ebay as the way my luck was going w/ cameras I thought mabybe I will get a used one to see if I really like it before spending big dollars
well I got it the other day & You guessed it IT DOESN'T WORK called Moultrie & oh my they seem great it is still under warranty told me to send it to service & they will do their best to fix it under warranty even though I bought it used guess my sob story of the WGI cams to them may help
"CAN I CATCH A BREAK?" I know I probably should have bought a new one
well at least will all the cam's I am sending out My post office may be the only one in the country making money
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2011, 09:11 AM
B&C 180 Class

Wow gfdeputy... you sound like me, man! I say that all the time to my wife about everything that happens to me "can I just once catch a break!?!?!" She just laughs...

Anyways, if I were you I would call BA products today and ask them if they received my camera and if they had sent my new one out yet? Tell them you are trying to get scouting done and they're making it next to impossible. This will hurry them up a little. I once waited a month for them to send me a replacement so I called them and told this this story and I had the new one within a week.
Sorry to hear about the D55IR,,, did you buy it off of Ebay? Did the buyer say it worked??? If yes to both of these questions, you need to take action. Ebay has EXCELLENT buyer protection services. All you have to do is "start a dispute" or whatever it is they call it.
Not trying to rub it in.... but I never buy game cameras used via internet.... too many crooked people out there who love to scam others. This world is full of scummy people who take advantage of others. Let me know if I can help in any way!
Old 02-04-2011, 11:25 AM

Tator
I did do the delivery conformation & they received them Friday before last I am thinking w/ the storms it may be delayed I am going to wait till Monday & call Have them on speed dial even though I I should know the number by heart
Yes Ebay guy said was not sure I took a chance only paid $40 Sd card holder is broke snaps a pic but doesnt save it so if Moultrie can't fix it at least I will have spare parts thing looks brand New so if Moultrie can't fix it at least I will have spare parts or may have one of my elecrical guys at work put a new one in as we build our own boards here
Old 02-04-2011, 12:56 PM
B&C 180 Class

Interesting... you got any friends that like working on small gadgets? I'd ask them if they can fix it somehow??? You'd be surprised of what this computer genious' can do these days!
Either way, at least you didn't pay full price for it. I'm anxious to get out and about and check my cams this weekend, but doubt I do w/all the snow. It'd be one HECK of a workout walking through all that stuff. I'm seriously itchin' for spring/summer time. Got lots of projects and things I'd love to start on.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:26 PM

Update on Camera's
WGI's Long story short shipping? out today (electonic pickup info received) after having them for 15 day's will be another 6 days w/ FedEx

Moultrie: haven't heard anything "this is good news" gentleman on the phone told me if I don't hear from them in a week they are most likely not charging me to fix it
will see
Old 02-12-2011, 07:02 PM
B&C 180 Class

Well good luck to you... hopefully you get your camera back soon from WGI and get it up on Ebay. Did you ever find out what kind of camera you were going to be recieving from them?
Good luck with the Moultrie, I still love mine, I'm hoping it lasts for many years to come.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:30 PM

Well got my New cameras back from WGI They did upgrade me to the X6C cameras they look really nice run on 8AAs but they are up for sale I put them on Craigslist to see if I can sell them local going to give them a few days & then off to EBAY if they don't go
going to call Moultrie & check the status of that one & see if they are going to charge me to fix?
Old 02-17-2011, 06:20 AM
B&C 160 Class

There a real simple solution fellas buy a cuddleback.Simplest to use,fast trigger and never had a problem.Great product.Having to put feed out to get a pic is ridiculous.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:44 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiker View Post
There a real simple solution fellas buy a cuddleback.Simplest to use,fast trigger and never had a problem.Great product.Having to put feed out to get a pic is ridiculous.

ERRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNTTTTT! wrong answer, I disagree. I'm beginning to hear not-so-good things about cuddeback. Plus, WHY spend $50-$100 more for a camera that does the exact same thing and has the exact same trigger speed as my Moultrie D55ir? Or my Primos truth cam 60ir? Cuddebacks are like cadilacs, you're paying alot of extra coin for a glorified Chevy. Same engine, same body style, Heck buy a chevy and put cadilac emblems on it! haha

GFdeputy.. congrats on the new cams...however, your tone sounded like you wanted to try them out in your last post! DON'T DO IT MAN! DON'T DO IT! put the camera down and back away! IT'S A TRAP! hahaha

DOWN WITH WGI!!!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 04:12 PM
B&C 160 Class

Ive mine for 5 years never a problem and the battery life is great.The money you wind up wasting on junk is not worth it.You get what you pay for.