Deer Hunting Forums banner

Which Range Finder?

9K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  randman 
#1 ·
My local Sporting Goods store has two range finders in my price range but not sure which one to get.

Wildgame Innovations HALO or Simmons LRF 400 rangefinder. I don't know much about either one other than the HALO has a CR2 battery and the Simmons uses a 9 volt.

Thanks

#2 ·
Buddy just bought a Simmons don't know what model but seems to work very well also had a 25% off mail in rebate (don't know if that is still going on)
I have had two wildgame innovations cameras that have faild within 2 months I don't know if the rangefinders have any better quality but personally I most likely will not be purchasing any of their products again
I have used simmons scopes for years & have been very pleased with them

#4 ·
I have the Nikon archers choice with angle compensation. I eeven use it when setting up target practice. no more tape measures!

#5 ·
I would also stay away from the Wildgame Innovations products. Their trail cams are JUNK so their range finders are probably the same! I know exactly what range finder you're talking about... I was half way tempted to buy one at Bass Pro about a month ago b/c they were on sale. A little voice told me to KEEP walking!

If you ever notice the WI products go on BIG sale during the Christmas season, it's because they are over priced so much already that they can mark them down BIG time and still turn a profit.

#6 ·
If you are looking for a cheap rangefinder I would go with the Simmons or the Bushnell 450 sport I use the Bushnell & works fine for me
personally I have no need for the ARC shoot my bow from a treestand 40 yards I aim 40 yards & hit where I am aiming I guess if you have an older bow this is needed more

#10 ·
Easy to use. I usually use pin mode for distance to the pin. Since the laser can lock onto objects other than the flag, I use course distance makings as a sanity check. For instance, if I am about 150 yards out and get a reading of 180 yards, I switch to scan mode. I use normal mode for distances to obstacles. Very much like the waterproof feature. Have not used in heavy rain, but did use in a quick shower.

Better than my previous GPS since gives distances to the flag and not just center, front, and back of greens. Also better for determining club selection to clear bunkers and waste areas.

#11 ·
I have no idea about Wildgame Innovations HALO, but Simmons LRF 400 is a great rangefinder with a reasonable price.
The hair-splitting accuracy made it very simple. Simmons LRF 400 has an in-view LCD display that provides you the exact distance to your target from 5 to 800 yards. It’s come with a compact design, also weather-resistant and very easy to carry. So, I think you can try this one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.