Federal Intensity Scopes - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Other Hunting Topics > Optics and Hunting Gear
Optics and Hunting Gear Post your thoughts on Optics, Scents, Clothing etc.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:46 PM

Default Federal Intensity Scopes

Does anyone have any information on the Federal Intensity line of Rifle Scopes?
All I know about them so far is they are Designed and manufactured by the ATK WeaverŪ Optics and FederalŪ Ammunition Company.
All the online reviews I've read say nothing but good about them, they're crystal clear, good FOV, fog proof no fogging, shockproof, waterproof, fully multi-coated lenses fight glare and ensure distortion-free, crystal-clear views, lightning fast focusing and precision intenseplex reticles, 1/4" MOA windage and elevation adjustments along with 3 to 3-1/2" of eye relief, aspherical lens system means clearer, distortion-free views, sharper from center to edge. Wider, flatter, sharper images & Lifetime warranty

2.8-10X 44 mm Rifle Scope
F.O.V. @ 100 yds. is 40' at 2.8X, 12' at 10X. Weighs 15 1/2 ozs.

Any input?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2010, 07:02 PM

BB I read the same thing and wondered if they would be equal to the old weavers? A lot of hunters started with Weaver k series scopes. See where Redfield is back?
Old 01-15-2010, 12:02 PM
B&C 140 Class

I hear all the hoopla that they say in their advertising but they have not withstood the test of time although both are excellent names and they are probably very good.
Would you risk your chance at a 170 or 180 class on their say so?
It is possible to just wait to see how they hold up.
Buy hey, if the price is right......?
Old 01-15-2010, 06:25 PM
B&C 100 Class

Bruce I have wondered about these same scopes and have almost ordered one twice.My only concern is that two of them have the same specs as the China Simmons Aetec with the aspherical len system.I'm not saying that is all bad,but I don't know of the have been tested properly yet.Redfield is now being made by Leupold in their Oregon plant.They say that a 3x9x40 should be about 150.00,I really want to see one.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:33 AM

I'm interested in the Redfield scopes too especially if they keep the prices down to the affordable levels and 150 dollars is affordable.
My only concerns are Redfield hasn't been a stable company for years now and the Redfield warranties are worthless according to the report from Chuck Hawks below.
The ATK company (<-company video) on the other hand has high honors in aerospace and defense.
If they're manufacturing weaponry and rifle scopes for our military I guess I shouldn't be so hesitant to buy products they have their hands on.

"By the 1990's Redfield had fallen on hard times, and their service and customer relations, traditionally very good, suffered. Sometime in the middle of that decade the company was acquired by Blount, which at that time owned Weaver and Simmons. Blount discontinued the manufacture of Redfield scopes, but retained their line of mounts. During 2001-2002 Blount sold all of their shooting and outdoor lines, including Redfield, to ATK (Alliant Techsystems) and ATK resurrected the Redfield scope line. ATK then sold Redfield, Weaver and Simmons to Meade, a U.S. telescope manufacturer, who (as I write this) is the parent company of all three brands. Since Redfield was acquired by Meade, the name has been allowed to languish and no Redfield scopes have been marketed by Meade.

As I write these words in 2008, Redfield scopes are no longer available. Meade Optical Co. does not warrantee or provide a repair service for scopes previously sold under the Redfield name and is not producing any new Redfield scopes. (They tried, and failed, to bring a new Redfield line to market in 2006). To the best of my knowledge, the old Redfield lifetime guarantee is worthless, as the Company that offered it is defunct and no one today will honor it. If you own a Redfield scope and it breaks, it is time to move on and get a new Leupold (or other brand) scope."

Old 01-16-2010, 11:43 AM
B&C 100 Class

Bruce,I agree.I think at least they are now being made by leupold,so in my mind,if I trust leupold to make a good product,I can't see them making a bad product under a different name.At least that's what I hope anyway.And they are made in USA.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:16 PM

My redfields are 30+ years olds and still perform like new. I can only hope they will be ressurected back to life by a great company like leupold.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:42 AM

HM, at one time (back in the late 70's) I had 2 redfield scopes and knowing very little back then I let them go with the rifles when I sold them.
Wish I had kept them,,,, hindsight's 20/20.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:26 AM

Back then BB remember they were like $139.99 for the Redfield Widefields I still have 2-3 Redfields.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:28 AM
B&C 100 Class

I've still got an old Redfield 4-12 x 50 AO scope that I had on a Remington 700. When I traded the gun I took the scope off......still have to decide what gun to put it back to use on.