game camera ? - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Other Hunting Topics > Optics and Hunting Gear
Optics and Hunting Gear Post your thoughts on Optics, Scents, Clothing etc.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:03 PM

Default game camera ?

has anyone used the wildgame innovations line of cameras look good cheap price $100 for the IR4 looks like good pic's from it seem good If they really came from that camera only found a few reviews on them but seemed to be good for a cheap inferred camera
thinking of picking one up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2009, 10:28 AM
B&C 100 Class

Check out chasingame.com the test just about all game cameras.They have tested the cameras you are asking about.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:44 AM
ronn

wally's got the wildgame's for $50. again with these i find you get what you pay for. i have 4 different brands and the best camera is the most expensive $250 covert II, next are the $100 camera moultrie 4.0, and so on. all but my stealth it was pricey and trouble from the get go. great pics when it works right.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:43 AM

I have a moultrie D4.0 now thought for the same price for an IR I may get one the reviews I saw looked good for a cheap IR camera but was just seeing if anyone had tried one before? I will look a little deeper into it first
Old 08-26-2009, 12:24 AM
Scrub Buck

I have one of the moultrie I-40 4.0 cameras. So far so good but only had it out about a week.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:59 PM
Scrub Buck

Default Camtrakker the original!

The camtrakker game camera is one of the originals and is still around because they are built with quality in mind and are made here in the USA!

I have one and I wouldn't trade it for any other camera. IT's fairly low cost if you figure in the 1st year of batteries you have to bue with the El-cheapo cameras and it takes much better pictures and you get more pics of the game you are chasing!

These things are the bomb with their rechargable battery packs and high resolution 10 mp images.

Wow I sound like I work for them. HAHA! I wish I could. I would like going to work every day!

Check them out atCamtrakker - Game cameras, digital game camera, film game camera, hunting camera, trail camera, scouting camera, digital research camera, film research camera, camera trap
Old 05-18-2010, 12:12 AM
B&C 140 Class

I just picked up the Bushnell trophy cam. I havent placed it in the field yet , but I have tested it around the yard. puts out great 8.0 megapixel still images and video clips as well. It is very small in size.
see the link below, it should answer any questions you may have. The biggest downside of this trail cam is the price. It is on the expensive side.

2010 Bushnell Trophy Cam Review Trail Camera Game Camera
Old 05-18-2010, 03:19 PM
ronn

Red face on Brettcajun's blog

on Brettcajun's blog, you seem like a person I'd like to get to know. I tuhoght what you said was right on the money, much as I still love Brettcajun and his blog. I can't get over how many people think that, regardless of how obviously inappropriate it would be for a US President to try to influence the outcome of a state Supreme Court decision, it’s amazing to me how many gay people are upset that just four months into ANYBODY'S Presidential admin that gay rights would even be on the radar yet, let alone this one with all its unprecedented clusterflock of problems left by Obama’s incompetent predecessor. Last time I checked, a President is elected for a four year term to accomplish his or her goals, not four and a half months. I wouldn't talk impeachment just yet.And yes, Bill Clinton did bring up the right of gays to serve openly in the military right off the bat when he took office in 1992, and it was a disaster for him. He was successfully prostrated by the right wing, and had to retreat into Don't Ask, Don't Tell , which I've heard over and over by many gay people was a huge failing on Pres. Clinton's part. I'm sure, besides the obvious problems Obama has had to deal with since January 20th, that Obama took Clinton's early office missteps into account on this and other matters. There is a time and place for legislation to be effective, and this ain't it for a Federal stands on gay rights.Regarding Hillary's recent stand in favor of gay rights in the state department, she was appointed by, and reports to Pres. Obama. As the article that Brett linked in his post points out, Hillary's promulgation on gay rights is the de facto official Obama position on the subject, so in effect Obama has made some progress for gay rights already through his appointee. Hillary isn’t operating completely on her own agenda. Her efforts on this are absolutely in accord with the Obama doctrine.Anyway, it was SO refreshing to read your comments and know that there are other gay people out there who actually get it. I live in Orange County, California, which is a lovely, lovely place, but not because of the politics. I’m constantly getting into scrapes with my fellow gay friends out here because of my political views, which were formed in the Washington D.C. area where I grew up. But I chose to live here because after going to college here, I learned to love it so, in spite of the political landscape. I will continue to make a stand based on logic and realistic expectations. Orange County politics have changed for the better in over the years I have lived here (since 1990), and they continue to do so, but it will probably always be more conservative than liberal. I can stand that as long as I have my Coffee Klatch of like-minded friends. I would have emailed you this instead of writing it as a comment, but didn't see an email link.

Last edited by Darko; 04-19-2014 at 05:54 AM. Reason: WhdbH3B7
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:36 PM
B&C 140 Class

one of the complaints with the WGI cameras is the battery life. i believe it takes 4 C batteries. a buddy of mine had modified his to run on a spring top 6v battery with a solar panel. And he loves it now. his modification was very inexpensive. On the other hand , i use 5 moultrie D-40s. that run on the 6 D cells. Moultrie recently had their solar panels with on board battery, on sale, (factory refurbs, with a 1 year warranty) for about 1/2 what a new one is. Seeing it has an onboard battery, you don't need to put any batteries in the camera. Saving money on batteries.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:53 AM
B&C 140 Class

The Bushnell trophy cam should have 8 AAs to work up to if full capacity but will funtion on only 4 AAs. it can last up to a year with 8 AAs in the recommended flavor.
See, da Trail Cam posting in the Lodge