What scope to buy? - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Other Hunting Topics > Optics and Hunting Gear
Optics and Hunting Gear Post your thoughts on Optics, Scents, Clothing etc.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:09 PM
B&C 100 Class

I have been hunting for about 12years and I have always used Leupold scopes. My 7mm mag has a Leupold VX II on it. I have shot rifles with bushnells and other scopes, but most have had problems in low light conditions, eye relief, or clarity of the lens.

About 2-3 yrs ago my dad bought a Nikon Monarch for his 7mm Ultra mag. I was helped him sight it in and thought it seemed like a very nice scope. After shooting his, I grabbed my gun to pop off a few shots to make sure I was still on.....however, I never shot.... Looking through my scope, the target was very dark... I went back and forth looking through the two different scopes and was completely impressed by the Nikon Monarch. Clarity was amazing, eye relief was unbelieveable, and the brightness in the low light of the holler we were shooting in was unparalleled. I still love Leupold, but as soon as it is time for me to have a new scope, I will be looking hard and heavy at Nikon products. The price range is fairly reasonable, but sometimes it doesn't hurt to stretch your budget just a bit for a product that will last you for a long time and perform perfect every time.

My vote is find a good Leupold or Nikon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2009, 10:31 AM
B&C 100 Class

I bought a bushnell scope for my 7mm 08.
I didnt like it. it wasnt very clear and had poor eye relief. I bought a tasco 3-9x40 for $40 and I love it. its great in every way! for the price I couldnt believe it. if your willin to spend up to 290, you cant go wrong with Luepold
Old 11-15-2009, 01:46 PM
B&C 140 Class

Default I vote for the Nikon African 1x4

I just got one of the new Nikon African 1x4 scopes that I have mounted but not shot yet. Your Savage has long ring spacing if I am not mistaken. A scope with a long tube and lots of rooms for ring placement will be very helpful as you adjust for the eye relief that suits you best. Up where I hunt I have never needed my scope higher then 4x so I am not concerned by the 4x limit, your shots maybe a lot longer.

Karl
Old 10-18-2013, 03:19 PM
B&C 100 Class

Great gun. I found out recently the Ziess has just released 3 new scopes in a very good price point. They are the best in my opinion. I wish the had this deal when I bought my Bushnell.