What Do You Use For A Possibles Bag? - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Other Hunting Topics > Optics and Hunting Gear
Optics and Hunting Gear Post your thoughts on Optics, Scents, Clothing etc.

Old 05-13-2008, 04:40 PM
Scrub Buck

Default What Do You Use For A Possibles Bag?

i saw one in cabelas called a long hunter(i think) ,im thinkin one of them would be good for hunting,they also have a leather smaller looking one on sale but i was wondering if the the smell of the leather would mess up the deer hunting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2008, 04:50 PM
B&C 160 Class

I keep all my stuff in a belt type fanny pack. I don't know about the smell of leather it would probably fade over time. There are just to many good synthetics out there you can wash every now and then for me to use a leather product and there cheaper to.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:56 AM

yup I use a small Camo fanny pack also... I wouldn't use leather because of the odor.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:16 AM
B&C 180 Class

i keep ALL my BP stuff in a black canvas tool bag.when i go hunting i use speedy loaders ,(5)and i keep the primers in a pill bottle the ramer in my inside vest coat pocket so its warm and easy to find..thinking of getting a stock sleeve for the speedy loaders
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 05-14-2008, 01:30 PM
B&C 140 Class

In my truck I carry everything in a tupperware container then transfer everything into specific pockets in my clothing. I always know exactly where everything is and never have to search to make a second shot if necessary. I use to use a waist pack too but found that having my hands in my pocket sitting there it just imbedded the location of each item in my mind so when the time came there was no looking or thinking just reaction. Tried the stock sleeve as well but kept knocking the damn speed loaders open. Keep the 209's in my left pocket loose (5 or so ) with my rod pusher and I use the tube my bullets come in for bullet and pellets. 5 seconds and ready to shoot round two. At the end of the day all back in the container. It works but it all comes down to your likes. DON'T USE LEATHER. Smell, holds moister for longer periods of time, can't wash it, have to treat it, smells again, etc...
Old 05-14-2008, 02:14 PM

As a flintlock hunter and I like tradition I use a leather possibles bag. I also use a small leather ball bag. I haven't had deer spook from any smells. The big bag is nice to get to things quickly for reloading. It has 1 main divider in it. I do stray a bit as I use pre-measured powder charges instead of a horn. All my muzzleloading stuff is kept in a big fishing tackle box for storage.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:32 PM
B&C 140 Class

HM if I was a traditionalist I would do the same. Leather and tassels do look nice on old hunting gear. Don't look bad on my girl friend either!!!LOL
Old 05-14-2008, 07:10 PM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmi View Post
HM if I was a traditionalist I would do the same. Leather and tassels do look nice on old hunting gear. Don't look bad on my girl friend either!!!LOL
WE WANT PICKS
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 05-14-2008, 08:35 PM
B&C 140 Class

Can't do that because it might set off HM's flintlock.LOL

Last edited by joel the signman; 05-16-2008 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:10 PM
B&C 140 Class

I use a fanny pack also.