Cree LED Flashlight - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Other Hunting Topics > Optics and Hunting Gear
Optics and Hunting Gear Post your thoughts on Optics, Scents, Clothing etc.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:17 PM
Scrub Buck

Default Cree LED Flashlight

Any word on how this Cree LED flashlight works while out hunting? I got it because I love the idea of my accessories being camo so they blend in well together. I have tested it out at home and everything seems to work great! It's bright and light for the pack. Can't carry too much without making noise.

From my tests, I love it! Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to take it out and REALLY test it yet. I'm thinking it's going to be as efficient as it is here, but wanted to ask anyways! Thanks for the input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2014, 12:01 PM
B&C 120 Class

My only concern would be the rechargeable battery, which in my experience, always needs to be recharged when you need it most. That's why I like my devices to operate off AA, AAA, or CR-123 batteries that I can carry along to keep handy. The camo is kind of gaudy, but you can always paint or dip it to match your pattern.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:01 PM
B&C 140 Class

Thumbs up

I own a couple of Cree flashlights and think they are good lights. I have one that comes in a kit that includes a couple ways to attach to a rifle or rifle scope which we do when we hunt hogs at night. I think you'll find the rechargeable battery to have a nice long charge life, but having a second battery with you is always nice. Depending on the light & battery, I have seen some that can substitute two CR 123 batteries for the one large rechargeable one, giving you some options when afield. Good Luck!
Old 08-13-2014, 03:22 PM

no more camo lights for me, lost them after setting them down to skin an animal and couldn't find them. What's the camo for, deer don't care. I also purchase aa,aaa, 123 lights as the lumins they are getting from aa and aaa batteries make rechargeable lights very un-necessary for me. Only bad thing about cree123 lights is they go out right now no low light warning. 240 lumins is what I like for all around woods use and smaller light for on stand when getting situated.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
no more camo lights for me, lost them after setting them down to skin an animal and couldn't find them. What's the camo for, deer don't care.
We really need a like Button!!!
HM if the deer cares at that point we got TROUBLES

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright