Deer Hunting Forums banner

Pentax Optics -- Any History?

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Scorpion8 
#1 ·
Another website I frequent has a Cameraland "Deal of the Day" and they are offering Pentax scopes at $69. Pentax Gameseeker II 3-9x40 (P) #89745 only $69.99.

I know you get what you pay for, but am thinking of one of these to store away for a .22LR/.17HMR project rifle. Anybody ever have any actual use history with Pentax optics besides cameras, or this lineup of scopes?

#3 ·
The older Pentax scopes that I've encountered have been great. Those were all Japan-optics if I recall. I just wonder if this new line-up is cheap off-shore fodder using an old established name for marketing.

#4 ·
Both of my scopes are of recent vintage, last 3-5 years. The rifles have shot to point of aim and the scopes seem like a good value. I probably wouldn't install them on a heavy cal rifle but one is sitting on an old Savage 99 in 250-3000 cal, not a hard kicker. I think I paid under 85 bucks for each of them from Sportsman guide.

#6 ·
Found another Pentax Gameseeker III 3-9x40 on Amazon for a steal, about $120. At that price I can use it for a rimfire scope if it's not up to food-getting-quality standards for my larger rifles. I have heard that Burris actually makes Pentax scopes literally next door to their own facility, so am excited to try this one.

#8 ·
I got this Gameseeker in and just giving it a look over it looks and feels like a very well constructed piece of optics. Heavy, solid not unlike a Nikon Buckmark. Gotta find a deserving recipient in my rifle safe but I think I'll like this scope.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.