Deer Hunting Forums banner

Guess what?!?!

9K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  Snack1941 
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited)
Tator funny thing is they had the same cam WGI right next to it for $10 cheaper even they know if they don't put their name on it it is worth more LOL

Be careful buying the D55's they are supposedly not being supported by Moultrie anymore as they were discontinued. A friend tried to get his repaired. it was a Non warranty issue but Moutrie told him they are no longer covered under warranty either
so I would check w/ Moultrie first

#5 ·
LOL My wife said the same thing to me about guns but I told her every time she gets a new outfit or shoes I will be getting a new gun
Backfired she hasn't bought a new outfit in a year or so. I was hoping to catch up to HM

#9 ·
Lets see...:coffee: 6 guns/year X 10 years - 3-4 going to the kids, factor in 2-3 for really good deals that come along not on the list that you can't pass on = HM :w00t:
Now if only Tator :ranting: would buy my TC Omega I could go shopping! :lol:
Sure Rub it in HM LOL looking at Ruger site now seeing what I want next

#16 ·
I always wondered about the Bushnells, glad to hear you like the one you have Spiker. I was about to get a D-55 IR, but not now if you think they will no longer be supported Dep. That doesn't surprise me, that model has been in Moultrie's line up for awhile now. I know I'll never buy another Cudde, took the BEST pics but the reliability for me was :mad:. Now I've been looking at the D-444, I saw them on Ebay for like $104 or $108 and that including shipping, but I wondered if you are any happier with yours Dep??

#17 ·
The Cuddys also have no warranty.If your camera malfunctions they offer to sell you a new one at a reduced cost.They do not fix their own product.This infuriated me and ill never buy one again that's y I went with the Bushnells.So fellas just a warning on the Cuddys they will screw you over if something goes wrong.

#18 ·
Thanks, that's good to know spiker. I honestly have never wanted one- just mainly because of the price. I have found that other trail cameras cost less and do the exact same thing. Besides, if you need a trail camera that takes pics in a millasecond you probably need to re-think where you are placing that camera.

#19 · (Edited)
TLF So far I do like the D-444 I put it in a new location & checked the other day very few pics on it
Battery life so far seems to be on track of the D55IR
I do like the passcode feature except that everytime you turn on the camera you have to punch in your code (not a big deal) I guess if someone steals it they just will have to try a long time to get it to figure out the passcoode or just throw it out you can deactivate this
also I think i need to play with the settings more as the pics seem a little better on the D55ir but I do seem to get longer distance pics with the D-444 with the 60-80' IR zone compared to the D55IR's 40'
& it is lighter throughout the pic not just centered like the D55IR is
The only real drawback for me with it is the size not used to a camera this small I cant find the darn thing have the time
& the new strap is a ton better then the older ones
When I move it this weekend I will check it the following weekend & post a couple pics if I get anything on it
BUT Yes so far I am pleased with it

#20 · (Edited)
That's good to know Dep, the feature I thought would be an advantage is the extended picture range that this camera claims. I didn't like the strap on my M 80 either, especially on smaller diameter trees. I found a website that sells all kinds of strap and buckle configurations and bought a couple with stainless toothed spring loaded buckles for a couple of bucks each.

#22 ·
Tator, there are all kinds of gizmos for cameras, but for me the straps are good enough 'cause I already look like I'm on a damn safari with all the junk I drag out to the woods. Plus I hunt a long ways from where I live so I can't leave my cams all season long, I take them down intermittently depending on when my next trip is. The gizmo I saw that looked really good to me was a steel rod or shaft with a swivel head mount on top for your cam, you can put this thing where ever you want and adjust your cam perfectly, but like I said.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.