Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Optics and Hunting Gear (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/optics-hunting-gear/)
-   -   Moultrie On Sale (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/optics-hunting-gear/11793-moultrie-sale.html)

tomlightfield 05-28-2013 06:48 PM

Moultrie On Sale

For anyone who happens to be looking, Basspro has the Moultrie D55 IR on sale this week for $69.97. The reviews for this cam are even better than for the D55 IR XT.

tator 05-29-2013 11:15 PM

I can testify the D55IR is a great cam. I have the older version of it, but I'm sure the newer one works just the same. I currently have 4 cams and 3 are Moultrie. Very nice cams and very reasonable trigger speed. Thanks Tom, great post, and it happened to catch my eye too when I saw that in the sale-paper.

gfdeputy2 05-30-2013 06:08 AM

I got the E-mail yesterday too but showed backorder already
I picked up a Moutrie D-444 this year & have to say I like my D55IR better
so far although it the D-444 is a lot smaller the night time pic's are better on the D55IR but need to check my settings

tomlightfield 05-30-2013 12:15 PM

Tator, I know you and several other guys(and or gals) have been using this model from Moultrie for awhile and have only good things to say about this cam. With the frequency of change in camera models from year to year I'm surprised this model is still available. At this price I'm getting 2 of them, one to replace my Cuddeback Capture and one for a new spot. I do have to say that the night time pics from my Cudde are fantastic(regular flash being the reason) but I would NEVER buy a Cudde again. After what I've been through with this camera I think the reliability is terrible. My other cam is a M80 recommended by Tator and is like a Timex watch, just keeps on tickin'. By the way Tator, is your backyard deck up to 4,000 sq ft yet??? And Dep, I found a really nice Wildgame Inn. cam for ya' on sale!!:lol::sad::lol::rolleyes:(Sorry buddy, I couldn't resist)

tator 05-31-2013 12:07 AM

I bought a D55IR from a buddy of mine. He told me it wasn't working right and I asked him what was wrong with it? He said he went from taking 1,000's of pics a week to only taking like 300. I tried telling him that there was probably a reason why and that it probably wasn't the cam doing the wrong thing. Could be the weather. Could be the deer herd moved to another area. Could be they got flooded out of the area. Could mean they found a SWEET food source a ways away from that area. Anyways, he was serious about wanting to get rid of it. I bought it on a hunch for $40. WORKS FINE. LOL. and YES I tell him this all the time. They are good, reliable cams. I have NEVER had to take one back or even call the manufacturer. They just keep doing their job.
My M80 has been out for about 2 months. I'm anxious to check it maybe this weekend. Here's something funny.... when the M80 came out, I bought mine for $100. Now you can't buy one for that price and it's the SAME CAM! Moultrie knows they got a truely great cam and that word of mouth would get out,,,, and it did. Now I'm not happy they raised the price,,, but that's business. Demand goes up, price goes up. Heck, look at gas.
As far as the WGI, I still have one of these. It's an IR4. Dinosaur! haha Still works, trigger speed isn't great (probably around 2 seconds) so when I put this cam out, I put it in a place where the deer have cover and a good food source where they will be stopping for a bit.
The backyard deck is done- not quite 4,000 sq ft.... but it's up there! haha

gfdeputy2 05-31-2013 06:09 AM

Tator that WGI should go into the guinness book of world records
Heck if it lasted more then a month it would make it in the books

tomlightfield LOL wouldn't take it if you gave it to me & paid for the shipping I still want to get sick everytime I see one of their products

tator 05-31-2013 03:22 PM

haha i know! Tell ya what, when I put it out later this spring I'll post some pics from it! Give you that warm and fuzzy feeling! haha I currently have my M80 and one of my D55ir's out over mineral licks. haven't checked them in about 1-2 months.

Mainah2010 10-04-2013 01:34 PM

Thanks for the info