Buyer Beware! - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Other Hunting Topics > Optics and Hunting Gear
Optics and Hunting Gear Post your thoughts on Optics, Scents, Clothing etc.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:20 AM
B&C 180 Class

Default Buyer Beware!

As GFD and I have stated on here before, please be aware of WILDGAME INNOVATIONS trail cameras. While 1 out of 10 of their cameras works GREAT, they are a company that is exhausting to deal with. They will send you replacement cameras no problem- sometimes they will even let you keep the broken one. But who wants to buy a camera put it in the field for a week, realize it's broke, ship it back, wait 2 weeks, put it back in the field for a week, realize this one's broken too, send it back, wait two weeks.... etc... ???

Well I was at MENARD's the other day- for those of you who don't know, Menard's is like a Home Depot or Lowe's- I believe they are a fairly new company??? Anyways, they have a small hunting/outdoors section and I saw this camera and about died. This camera is the IR4 that I had SOO much trouble with, but just with another companies brand and logo. THE SAME CAMERA! You don't see Moultrie's cameras with different logos or different company names on them... just be careful folks....

This company is called HUNTEN Outdoors. ????

If I had to guess..... and this is ONLY a guess..... I think I know what WILDGAME INNOVATIONS is doing with all the cameras that are being sent back to them....... (SEE BELOW)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1103121034a (1).jpg (95.9 KB, 10 views)
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 12:42 PM

HAHA That is most certianly a wildgame innovations Camera

"But who wants to buy a camera put it in the field for a week, realize it's broke, ship it back, wait 2 weeks, put it back in the field for a week, realize this one's broken too, send it back, wait two weeks.... etc... ??? "

Now that is even funnier I don't think either of us had one last that long A WEEK LOL

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 11-20-2012, 05:29 PM
B&C 180 Class

I do still have ONE left that actually works o.k. over a food source or mineral lick. If you put it in a spot where deer are moving through, you won't have a single pic, but put it over a pile of corn and you'll get some good pics. It's an IR4 and I have to say, Wildgame got it right, ONE TIME for me! haha
Old 11-20-2012, 07:51 PM
B&C 140 Class

have to sat Ive never had much of any problems. I have 2 that run year round in NC and they have been out there for 3 years now. Just checked them a few days ago and had over 1400 pics between them
Old 11-21-2012, 05:45 AM

All I can say is you are Lucky
I spent more money in shipping fees then I paid for both cameras I had
I now stick with Moultrie around the same price & no issues mine stay out year round too been in - temps to high 90's
the wgi cam's woudn't work in 60 degree temps

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 01-10-2013, 07:51 AM
Scrub Buck

I did a little research that you guys may find interesting. There is 2 factories in China that produce wildlife cameras. Moultrie, Cuddeback, and Leupolds all come from the exact same factory. Wild game Innovations, Covert, Bushnell, and Recon comes from the other. Scott guard comes from Canada.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:57 AM
B&C 180 Class

interesting! Thanks for sharing
Old 01-11-2013, 05:22 AM

I don't doubt they come from the same factory but that does NOT mean they are made the same I can say that Moultrie, cuddyback, leupolds & WG all have different manufacturing specs IF WG has any
you can get a bad one from any company especially when companies outsource these factories will make anything & I would bet they make a ton of other stuff in the same one (computers, toys ect...) so don't think just because they are made under the same roof that all those cameras are the same THEY ARE NOT

Steven Wright
Old 01-11-2013, 12:08 PM
B&C 180 Class

I agree with gfd 100%. I just thought it was interesting and surprising that they were all from China.... Go figure... CHINA!
Old 01-12-2013, 12:22 AM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfdeputy2 View Post
the wgi cam's woudn't work in 60 degree temps
dont have that problem either
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NC 2012 324.jpg (90.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg NC 2012 414.jpg (93.4 KB, 3 views)