Buyer Beware! - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Other Hunting Topics > Optics and Hunting Gear
Optics and Hunting Gear Post your thoughts on Optics, Scents, Clothing etc.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:14 AM

Hellbilly glad they work for you all I can say is with all the trouble I have had with their stuff & a LOT of other people having troubles I will NOT be doing bussiness with them any time soon
Tator you didn't expect them to be made here in the USA did you LOL

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 01:31 PM
Scrub Buck

As far as my research has shown the only cameras made in the good olé USA is the Reconyx stuff. I have went completely away from the commercial cameras. I have Jim at JTSWildlifeCameras.Com build all mine now. Had a problem with one of mine and sent it back to him. Fixed and returned in 9 days and a Visa Gift card with the amount of postage on it that it cost to return it to him. That is good as it gets service wise.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:06 AM

they look good But when you open the website & you see this
NOW OFFERING FINANCING THRU PAYPAL FOR YOUR JTS WILDLIFE CAMERA!!!!

It is out of my price range!!!!

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 01-14-2013, 09:56 AM
B&C 120 Class

I'm with you Dep, I can get 2 Moultrie M 80's for the price of one of the JTS cam's and the Moultries are like Timex watches, they just keep on tickin'. No offense to the JTS cam's , they look well made and the gentleman who makes them sounds like one heck of a guy, I would rather cover twice as much ground for about the same money. I've heard good and not so good as far as Moultrie's cust. ser., but I have a young friend whose cousin sent his 4 year old Moultrie cam back for repair, Moultrie told him they did not stock those particular parts anymore and sent him a brand new cam(don't know models, etc.) This was a year ago, don't know their policy on that now.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:15 AM
B&C 180 Class

Hellbilly- those cams will work fine for up to a year. I've had alot of good pics come from my wgi cams.... just wait though. Eventually they will stop working. I have literally had over 10-15 cams from them that have malfunctioned. I will say this,,, they know their product breaks and they will ship you a new one out. But who wants to wait a week for a new cam in the middle of bow season? NO ONE. I want a cam that's going to work. If i'm going to pay $100+ for something I want it to work not just for a year.

GFD- honestly, no I didn't think they were made here- but everytime I did call them they sounded like the office was here in USA. They obviously have them build cheaply in china and then shipped over here.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:31 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by tator View Post
Hellbilly- those cams will work fine for up to a year. I've had alot of good pics come from my wgi cams.... just wait though. Eventually they will stop working. I have literally had over 10-15 cams from them that have malfunctioned. I will say this,,, they know their product breaks and they will ship you a new one out. But who wants to wait a week for a new cam in the middle of bow season? NO ONE. I want a cam that's going to work. If i'm going to pay $100+ for something I want it to work not just for a year.

GFD- honestly, no I didn't think they were made here- but everytime I did call them they sounded like the office was here in USA. They obviously have them build cheaply in china and then shipped over here.
those 2 cams of mine have been on the same 2 trees year round for 3yrs. this coming bow season will be 4yrs. just change battries out every other month or so
Old 01-15-2013, 11:18 AM
B&C 180 Class

Well you got two of the good ones then- i'm glad for you b/c that certainly wasn't the case with me. I have to admit though, they do take good pics when they work. I'm not knocking what they can do. I just got tired of the hassle. It literally became a cat and mouse game. I'd have a cam out for 2 weeks and go check it, no pics. take it home and realize the thing was broken. Send it back, wait 2 weeks, get a brand new one, same thing.

I literally got a BRAND NEW one from WGI that they sent to me, I took STILL in the package straight to the field, got out of the truck, took out my knife, opened the BRAND NEW cam, put BRAND NEW batteries in, and a BRAND NEW SD card,, and NOTHING. It would not turn on at all. Needless to say, I was very, very hot. That's when I was DONE. I called one last time (this was about my 10th cam from them) told them the story, they sent me a new one, and up on ebay it went. I do still have ONE WGI cam left that I use. Now, it's my diamond in the rough b/c it's about 4 years old and still takes decent pics. The trigger speed on the thing is absolutely HORRIBLE (i'm talking like 2+ seconds). So I only put it over corn or my mineral licks.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:04 AM
B&C 140 Class

trigger speed is slow. not good on a trail. Need to be over a feeder or food plot. I also found it does better if I keep them further back than other cams due to trigger speed. I was very suprised with the distance it will pick up movement
Old 01-16-2013, 10:11 AM
B&C 180 Class

Yeah, like I said, they take good pics. They do a good job over a food pile. I loved the fact they were so affordable, and I have to admit their customer service was top notch- it was great. I just hated the hassle. because it literally seemed like I was constantly having to ship one back to them and waiting for a new one. Plus, I didn't like the fact that I had to pay shipping each time.....

Good luck to you Hellbilly- I hope they work and keep on working for you!