54 Renegade - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > MuzzleLoader Hunting
MuzzleLoader Hunting Discuss MuzzleLoader topics

Old 02-14-2012, 09:59 PM
Banned

Default 54 Renegade

Came in today!

While i was jb bore pasting the bore i went to blow down the barrel to clear the powder channel and then realized it was loaded LOL.

A ball puller would not come close to removing it, put it on the lead sled, trickled some RS into the bolster, tied a string around the trigger and hit ducked low. Boom! Out the bullet goes.

Already sold the original stock that came with it, no need for 2 complete renegades, so now i will have a 50 and 54 barrel for this one.

Will get some pictures tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2012, 02:13 PM

FG,are you feeling ok, no fever? All this TC posting by you makes me concerned for you. I knew you'd see the light someday I just thought it would take a couple more years. Let it be said: Anyone can be brought back to the best even a die hard CVA man. Now all we have to do is work on BB and bring him home too!
Old 02-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Banned

Nope, No fever. Just putting together a lil set up to use. I prefer a 54 for elk with round ball and I sold the 54 stock for cash along with a partial trade for a custom 54cal barrel for the other renegade stock. I have a factory 54, a custom 54 and a factory 50cal barrel for the Renegade now. Im just trying to figure out now which one will get mounted all the time. The custom barrel is 28" long VS the factory 26" and surprisingly is much lighter and points faster for me.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:56 PM

If nothing else you spend time tinkering in something you enjoy. I may have my Omega sold. Should know something by Friday. Selling off some stuff to get the AR rifle I've wanted for the last couple of years. The Omega and Knight are on the selling block. The Triumph just out shoots the Omega and fits me like a good glove so it gets to stay home.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:57 PM
Banned

Oh i know what you mean. Its good to clean out the closet now and then and refresh things. I also have a .45cal full stock italian muzzy coming in. Should be in mid next week. Im going to shoot it for a bit and then strip it completely and restore it back into top shape and shoot it some more till i get bored with it.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Banned

woohooo!! that custom 54 barrel has a 1:60 twist!
Old 03-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Banned

Custom barreled 1:60 twist .54cal TC Renegade.

Got out to the 60 yard range first to do make sure everything was hitting center. First shot on a clean bore is pretty darn low. Shoot shot #2 which hit higher up but to the right. Made some adjustments upward and only a couple clicks to the left. Next 3 shots were perfect!

90gr Goex 2f, .018 pillow tick with some extra lube on them, homecast .530 round balls.

The front sight is really giving me some trouble, especially at the closer ranges of 50 and 60 yards. The front bead blends into the black rear sight and just making it hell on me. I plan on buying another Hi Viz fiber optic sight for this Renegade and then all should be okay.

Before heading to the 100 yard range, i took the rifle inside and ran a couple wet patches down the bore to swab out some fouling " Not not fully clean it out" before i packed up again and headed out.

The first shot hit really low, I was like, man! This first shot stuff is going to be hell to get used to. Second shot was an inch low of the bulls eye and off to the left a good bit. I thought this was odd, but again, that darn front sight i think is causing me some accuracy issues. I reloaded and took shot #3 and just smiled.

100yards,

With a new Optic sight up front i believe she will turn out to be a good shootin rifle!