Deer Hunting Forums banner

Uh oh......

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  frontiergander 
#1 ·
Worked out a partial trade and got another TC Renegade, this time in .54cal! :wub:

#6 ·
Well, now you've got the best caliber!
As others have already said T/C's are addicting. I started out with a T/C Hawken kit. Then got a Renegade flinter. Later, I got another Renegade, but percussion. Somewhere along the line I picked up a New Englander 12 ga. Then I got burned on an internet deal for a New Englander .50 cal. I also have a Contender with two barrels & an Encore Pro-Hunter 7mm mag rifle. My buddy is always after me to get the 209x.50 barrel for the Encore. I have considered one, but just can't get myself to jump into the inline craze.

I did find a cure for the T/C addiction, but it wasn't cheap. I'm now hooked on custom reproductions of original flintlocks. A low priced one of those starts around $1000 and they get a lot more expensive than that. Darned addictions! lol

#7 ·
yeah the customs are nice! I got a custom tenn. rifle a month or 2 back and love it, You can certainly feel the quality jump when you pick it up. Huntingman has already suggested i molest it for a while and then sell it to him LOL.

The 54 is what i truly wanted, i like a .530 round ball for elk and that will fit the bill perfectly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.