Deer Hunting Forums banner

1st day of my muzzleloader season

10K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  burgerking 
#1 ·
well im all set. its opening day in the morning for muzzleloader hunting in tennessee. i got my new chains put on my climbing stand. my t/c is shooting pretty good groups. clothes ready, 4 wheeler loaded. i think im ready. now just need the deer to move by me while im there. this will be an all dayer so i will post my results tomorrow night if i can stay awake. wish me some huntin luck fellows. 2 of my hunting partners on the lease will be there also. out of the 3 of us someone ought to take a decent buck.

#2 ·
im tired, i sat in the tree so long my butt and legs are numb. its better to hunt than go to work. i enjoy being outdoors. i did not see a deer till 11:50am (4 doe) and about 30 mins before dark (3 doe). next thursday i will probably be able to do another full day.

#5 ·
bad day of hunting beats a good day of work.:lol:

#7 ·
I saw 1 spike around 630am this morning and then had 5 does all over me for about an hour. we have seen 2 good shooters using this area so i was waiting on one of them to walk out. next week i am going to move one of my stands to a location high up the mountain. ive been putting it off because i dread the climb. but everytime i get there i see some good deer.

#10 ·
this is probably too late to post this But If you're moving a stand up the mountain, I'd stop midway and set-up there...
when hunting mountains It's usually better to hunt midway up rather than the very top or the very bottom
midway always seems to be the hot spots on mountains. Good Luck..

#8 ·
If I see just one deer everytime I'm out I'm a happy camper, well, regardless if I do see anything I'm happy to be alive and well out enjoying Gods country and creations. Hang in there Buck you'll do fine. If you need advice just ask. There's 9,000,000,000,000,000,000 saavy deer hunters here on the forum just waiting to spill their guts (deer too). LOL JK

#9 ·
yeah dont think im getting discouraged. very far from it actually. im like you. just happy to be in the woods. and it always makes for a better day when you can sit in your stand and watch how deer act when they think only God can see them

#13 ·
good luck to ya.ya can always shoot em in the scapula if your worried bout em running away:whistling:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.