Tradition Vortek - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > MuzzleLoader Hunting
MuzzleLoader Hunting Discuss MuzzleLoader topics

Old 06-28-2011, 07:34 AM

second shot means game down and needs an ending second shot. Quick re-load only happened in warfare, we couldn't begin to equal military quickness and they weren't shooting for accuracy just bullets in the air. Cold hands, spilling powder, and dropping a couple primers is the norm for most of us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2011, 08:23 AM
B&C 100 Class

The only reason I mentioned loading fast is because of using a jag as a loading tip. I don't load so fast that i'm going to fumble, but I might scrape the bore with a jag. I'm not as careful as i'd be at the range.

It might be different if I had to use a ball/bullet starter, but I don't need to with the Aerolite bullets. Just a twist of the bullet and they start. Then I just push it down smoothly with the ramrod.

So, if I used a jag it would be starting outside the bore with nothing to line it up. Easy to hit the bore. Easier when loading a fast (?) second shot.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:57 AM

TC maxi-hunters go down pretty easy too. Dang sabots in the TC Triumph and the Knight Extreme are down right hard to load. I guess those CVA bores just let the bullets fall through! Just poking a little humor, It's been a while so had to do it. I wish all rifles would load easy, it would make things a whole lot more enjoyable. Maybe I'm just getting weaker ? How about some suggestions for the Traditions rifle. I really need to get to the range with several rifles to get them on paper.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:13 PM
B&C 100 Class

Bullets that loaded easy in the Omega won't even start in the CVA.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Banned

Powerbelts, Thors in my CVA's start with my thumb and seat nicely. Even the sabots with the crush ribs load nicely.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:17 PM
B&C 100 Class

Try a 300gr .501, and you'll put a hole in your thumb. I just sent them back to Terry for some 250gr .500.

Those .501 were loose in my Omega. Everything fit my Omega. Even the .503 FPB's. A PB was too loose. I think I got an unusual Omega. That's why I got rid of it.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:10 AM
Banned

yeah but thats what happens when they "tc" dont have a standard barrel size.

You see how that CVA shoots powerbelts! LOL probably never thought you'd get a powerbelt to shoot like that before.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierGander View Post
yeah but thats what happens when they "tc" dont have a standard barrel size.

You see how that CVA shoots powerbelts! LOL probably never thought you'd get a powerbelt to shoot like that before.
FrontierGander are you still trying to convince yourself that a cva muzzleloader compares to a "TC"?

HELLO, "If you set out to buy a muzzleloader and end up with a cva, HERE"S YOUR SIGN...

Old 06-29-2011, 12:07 PM

Now that's funny BB, Some day FG will wake up and buy TC and live happier ever after and end his torment and frustrations, but then what would he have to do all day....? Hunt, fish, enjoy life, no more tinkering. I guess a life filled with CVA on your mind all day/night must be a heavy burden to carry around. Maybe in another 10 years or so CVA will catch up???? Most likely though, your mind will have turned to mush. My advice, stop the pain and suffering now before it's too late. Have a yard sale, 3-4 for the price of 1 just to get rid of those demons.
....Here comes the story of owning 12 TC rifles and all were junk, had to switch to CVA just to get one decent rifle, all this before his 28TH birthday. I hear it coming watch out BB my deflectors are up and on high power.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:16 PM
Banned

its obvious that some still havent learned.

Muley owns a CVA Wolf now and seems to like it. There are a ton of other people out there, half of them off my forum lol, that shoot CVA and love them.

You guys trash talk a lot but i dont ever see you guys posting any pictures about your TC's so that tells me a lot. If it aint the gun, its the shooter ;)