New gun in town - Page 7 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > MuzzleLoader Hunting
MuzzleLoader Hunting Discuss MuzzleLoader topics

Old 07-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
Got it BB, FG it didn't look like she enjoyed it too much. Kinda look like my son first time he lit one off, without the sled!
LMAO i just called her to ask her and she said, " It didn't hurt me, i was just scared and said owe when it went off" Then i told her you guys were giving me crap and she was laughing and said something not nice and that it didnt hurt her, it just scared her when the gun went off.

She simply just didn't know what to expect from it.

So haha haha! An 11 year old told you guys off! LMAO. Shes to funny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2011, 07:40 PM

Im not giving you crap about it, im simply pointing out the ignorance to your niece's undeniable reaction and your carless lack of concern for her safety.
You can do or say what you wish but your obviously not going to admit ANY mistakes you've made allowing your inexperienced niece to shoot without first knowing what to expect from the shot.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Banned

if you have not shot off a lead sled before, you have no clue what you're talking about then.

I wouldnt put my niece in danger. She was told what to except. That was actually the 3rd video of her, the first 2 she kept laughing and saying she was scared. Shes never seen one of these in action before.

Just watch, she'll be shooting it again and loving it.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:47 PM

FG all we had was her on video and her reaction. She didn't tell us off unless she is just like you! ha ha. I don't know whats up with utube as nobody can get my computer to play. BB how did you send me that so I could play it? Need help.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:05 PM

HM, I just posted it in a way so that everyone could view it right here on the DHC site.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:11 PM

hmmmm, ok BB, it's just weird because a month ago I could play them, now not.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:43 PM

I just rebooted the darn thing so we'll see if that was the problem
Old 12-15-2012, 09:13 PM
B&C 100 Class

It looks like the trigger guard got the finger sled moved back a bit was not in the shoulder so it jumped up & back. Along with the improper cheek weld due to using the sled it is not allowing this & the I'm guessing heavy load hints need for sled in first place. Tho some guns just kick hard to start with not saying yours is one of them. This is why I don't use one it won't shoot the same off hand after sighting in with a sled all you need is a solid front rest to sight in. I would have warned about scope eye danger as it looks you did she was staying well clear of the scope. Let her shoot it off-hand make sure posture & eye relief is correct no mechanical contraption to reduce recoil is a good sub for proper stance grip posture its not natural bad things happen when recoil meets a brick wall unlike a soft shoulder. Lighten up the load if this is her first experience with a .50cal that's what I would do. In fact for a young hunter I would start with a .22 teach them how to use it properly any shooter would benefit from this new or not . Teach them how to hold & shoot it along with proper trigger control not jerking it then move on to the bigger stuff. Every good marksman will tell you a .22 will make you a better shot & better prepare you to shoot a real rifle. With little recoil cheap to shoot & fun once they can shoot a .22 accurately and properly hold it they will have a heads up on the bigger stuff & hold it the right way right from the start. To many kids scared off with bad experiences IMHO sleds add to this number. I have been shooting from the age of 8 & every time I use a sled it is a bad experience most in the rifle club i'm in agree that. It introduces a unnatural sight pic due to cheek weld is different when in sled as compared to shouldering the gun & recoil. Your body should absorb the recoil if it's to much to handle lower the load or check your posture - gun fit. A led sled just stops recoil like a brick wall & adds length of pull & unnatural cheek weld. She was probably pushing cheek into stock to be able to see into the scope. Glad to hear that it did not scare her off & she is still willing to shoot. Just my .02 cents
Old 12-15-2012, 09:34 PM
B&C 100 Class

WOW this is a year old or older heh Well hows she shooting now I guess?
Old 12-15-2012, 11:46 PM
Banned

she very rarely shoots, it took us for ever to get her to pull the trigger LOL. Improper cheek weld? No just a new girl that hasnt any any time at all.

She did have a blast shooting my 3030 a few months ago! She was actually asking to shoot it and did pretty dang good at 100 yards.

I dont load my sled with weight as its not needed for a muzzleloader.

She also likes this one

NNext in line for her to try