Bh209 - Page 5 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > MuzzleLoader Hunting
MuzzleLoader Hunting Discuss MuzzleLoader topics

Old 03-22-2011, 07:16 AM
B&C 100 Class

Default Bh209

Well Hunting Man, I am sorry you do not wish to listen to anyone's advice. I am more sorry that you are never going to enjoy the full potential of your Triumph and BH209 combination. Having the best ML, ( TC ) as you state does not do you any good if you do not get the best from it.
As far as leaving this forum, no I don't think I will. I will however not reply to posts as apparently folks here are not concerned with learning anything that may help them achieve better results from their ML. I will just read and chuckle at comments that are made.
By the way I base my ideas on experience also. I am old enough to do that.

Have a good day and accept my apologies for stirring your pot.

Rogo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2011, 09:02 AM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
Muley I get enough ml time just here on this friendly site where for the most part we get along, share good ideas/stories ect, and I don't need more headaches. I really enjoy the members on this site and when they have had enough of me they will tell me. I hope everyone has a great time shooting their ml firearms in any way they wish.
I'm really confused by your response. I was just trying to help you understand that you can shoot multiple shots with BH without swabbing. If you can't do it, there must be a reason. Maybe we can help find out why.

The fact that I don't have to swab is the only reason I use BH 209. You should be able to use it and get the same results.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:02 PM

Muley, sorry for the confusion, Rogo got me going, which doesn't happen too often. Rogo, I'm really glad that you chose to remain an active participant here. I'm not a bench shooter but mostly a hunter/collector/shooter in that order so shooting 100 rounds a day doesn't interest me. As far a getting the most out of my Triumph, 1" groups @100yds without a fancy rest does me just fine! This is what I'd expect from any TC product. As far as TC quality vs CVA don't kid yourself. If you truly read my past posts you'd know I own several ml rifles of various makes including a CVA. The problem is you simply wanted to argue instead of debate or discuss! Whenever you wish to converse in a polite, informative manner I'm ready. One thing I won't take is abuse, that's a promise.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:29 PM
B&C 100 Class

I'm with you. I may not have expressed it on this forum, but I have on many others. Like you. I'm a hunter and hate going to the range. I'm forced to do it to sight in a scope, bullets etc. Once I know how the gun is shooting. You don't see me at the range anymore.

What I absolutely hate is having to swab when i'm out in the mountains hunting. I don't want to carry patches with me. I especially don't want to carry dirty patches after i've used them to swab. BH 209 gives me an opportunity to hunt and not bring any patches, jags etc. It's so simple. I bring 4-5 speedloaders that hold the powder,bullet, and primer. I need nothing else with me, and I love it.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:45 PM
Banned

i love shooting on the range, public or private. I wanted to sight in my optima with the truglo sights but its so darned windy theres no way i'd be able to get it on.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:49 PM
B&C 100 Class

You're just a range rat FG.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:05 PM

muley, I hunt the same way 4-5 pre-loads with the in-lines. I now keep a brush in the bag just in case. Even with the flintlocks I take out pre-loads of powder and a small bag of balls & pre-lubed patches to speed up re-loading.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Scrub Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muley View Post
I'm surprised that works. I thought it was a black powder cleaner?
Ya gotta read the label. For black & smokeless powders. I wouldn't lie.. easiest clean up for my ML's in 20 years. Gonna use it for the centerfires also, except I don't use them as much anymore. Love ML'ing & BH209.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:44 PM
Scrub Buck

If that is what you think why not try a sabot and see what happens?