Bh209 - Page 4 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > MuzzleLoader Hunting
MuzzleLoader Hunting Discuss MuzzleLoader topics

Old 03-21-2011, 01:35 PM
B&C 100 Class

Default Blackhorn

Hunting Man:
I will have to say that the problem with your rifle only being able to load two shots before using a wire brush is you. Are you starting with a clean dry bore or do you leave oil or other items in your barrel when you load up. Something is definately wrong with your procedure. I know many guys with TC Triumphs and not one of them has your problem with BH209. They all shoot many shots in a row without even swabbing the bore. With my Omega I have shot 33 rounds without touching the barrel with a swab, no problem. My SIL with his Triumph has shot as many as 29 without a problem. We start with a clean dry barrel then take an alcohol damp patch and run it up the barrel and then a dry patch. Fire two primers and off we go. What is your procedure? Please advise and maybe we can solve the problem otherwise I would say send that barrel back to TC and get a new one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Banned

probably all that bore butter! :D
Old 03-21-2011, 02:24 PM
B&C 100 Class

Butter is for toast.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:36 PM

Don't use bore butter in the 209 in-lines, FG knows that he just has a personal problem with bore butter because it doesn't say CVA on the label. Rogo, I clean my ML rifles as well or better than most. Start every shooting/hunting day with clean dry barrel. Triumph is too accurate to send it back! Bore butter can be used for patches/round balls and conicals. My fireHawk is somewhere around 10-12 years old shooting bore butter as a conical lube for TC max-hunters and it's as accurate today as it was new. Barrel nice and bright. Rogo, 20-30 shots without brushing, I'd have to see that to believe it.

Last edited by Hunting Man; 03-21-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Banned

butter is for toast LOL, thats a good one muley!

CVA Has a kind of bore butter rust prevention product called slick load something or the other.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:25 PM
B&C 100 Class

Default Bh 209

Hunting Man:

I resent you calling me a liar. I shoot 20-30 rounds using BH209 every time I go to the range. I DO NOT swab between shots as it not necessary with Bh 209. Your trouble is you are too damm stubborn to listen to anyone else's advice. I have visited this forum many times and read posts and I find that to be true with a lot of members here.
What you need to do is go to some other ML forums and read and learn about shooting ML's. The info on this forum is not up to date and people here lack a lot of info on how to do things.
Also, you are too biased about TC rifles. They are not that great. I have an Omega and a CVA Accura and the Accura is in my opinion much better than the Omega and certainly can outshoot it any day hands down.

Have a good day.

Rogo
Old 03-21-2011, 08:30 PM
B&C 100 Class

I agree with rogo about 30 shots with no swabbing. I do it too with BH 209. Nothing else will do it.

As for the Omega comment? Don't bunch all Omegas with yours. Mine out shoots the Accura V2 I had and sold.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:27 PM

Rogo, I didn't call you a liar I said I have to see it myself. One thing we do get here is an oppertunity to post an opinion, whether you like it doesn't matter to me, however, I will give/respect yours. If you find this site not to your liking maybe you should re-visit the ones you enjoy more! I could take your post as an insult too but I prefer to simply engage in honest debate. I may be stubborn but most of it is based on actual experience not internet fishing.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:38 PM
B&C 100 Class

Read some of the sites. We can't all be lying.

Google
Old 03-22-2011, 05:30 AM

Muley I get enough ml time just here on this friendly site where for the most part we get along, share good ideas/stories ect, and I don't need more headaches. I really enjoy the members on this site and when they have had enough of me they will tell me. I hope everyone has a great time shooting their ml firearms in any way they wish.

Last edited by Hunting Man; 03-22-2011 at 06:05 AM.