Deer Hunting Forums banner

Bh209

14K views 48 replies 9 participants last post by  sadmemories20 
#1 ·
I have been having issues with my Accura fouling when using the BH209 powder. Aside from the one issue of the breach having a narrow flash channel, I am wondering if when I fire the gun my .50 powerbelt is not a really tight fit and is moving forward some thus keeping the charge from being compacted for a good fire.
I am very new to BH209 and wanted to know what you gents think?:mellow:

#31 ·
Blackhorn

Hunting Man:
I will have to say that the problem with your rifle only being able to load two shots before using a wire brush is you. Are you starting with a clean dry bore or do you leave oil or other items in your barrel when you load up. Something is definately wrong with your procedure. I know many guys with TC Triumphs and not one of them has your problem with BH209. They all shoot many shots in a row without even swabbing the bore. With my Omega I have shot 33 rounds without touching the barrel with a swab, no problem. My SIL with his Triumph has shot as many as 29 without a problem. We start with a clean dry barrel then take an alcohol damp patch and run it up the barrel and then a dry patch. Fire two primers and off we go. What is your procedure? Please advise and maybe we can solve the problem otherwise I would say send that barrel back to TC and get a new one.

#34 · (Edited)
Don't use bore butter in the 209 in-lines, FG knows that he just has a personal problem with bore butter because it doesn't say CVA on the label. Rogo, I clean my ML rifles as well or better than most. Start every shooting/hunting day with clean dry barrel. Triumph is too accurate to send it back! Bore butter can be used for patches/round balls and conicals. My fireHawk is somewhere around 10-12 years old shooting bore butter as a conical lube for TC max-hunters and it's as accurate today as it was new. Barrel nice and bright. Rogo, 20-30 shots without brushing, I'd have to see that to believe it.

#36 ·
Bh 209

Hunting Man:

I resent you calling me a liar. I shoot 20-30 rounds using BH209 every time I go to the range. I DO NOT swab between shots as it not necessary with Bh 209. Your trouble is you are too damm stubborn to listen to anyone else's advice. I have visited this forum many times and read posts and I find that to be true with a lot of members here.
What you need to do is go to some other ML forums and read and learn about shooting ML's. The info on this forum is not up to date and people here lack a lot of info on how to do things.
Also, you are too biased about TC rifles. They are not that great. I have an Omega and a CVA Accura and the Accura is in my opinion much better than the Omega and certainly can outshoot it any day hands down.

Have a good day.

Rogo

#38 ·
Rogo, I didn't call you a liar I said I have to see it myself. One thing we do get here is an oppertunity to post an opinion, whether you like it doesn't matter to me, however, I will give/respect yours. If you find this site not to your liking maybe you should re-visit the ones you enjoy more! I could take your post as an insult too but I prefer to simply engage in honest debate. I may be stubborn but most of it is based on actual experience not internet fishing.

#40 · (Edited)
Muley I get enough ml time just here on this friendly site where for the most part we get along, share good ideas/stories ect, and I don't need more headaches. I really enjoy the members on this site and when they have had enough of me they will tell me. I hope everyone has a great time shooting their ml firearms in any way they wish.

#42 ·
I'm really confused by your response. I was just trying to help you understand that you can shoot multiple shots with BH without swabbing. If you can't do it, there must be a reason. Maybe we can help find out why.

The fact that I don't have to swab is the only reason I use BH 209. You should be able to use it and get the same results.

#41 ·
Well Hunting Man, I am sorry you do not wish to listen to anyone's advice. I am more sorry that you are never going to enjoy the full potential of your Triumph and BH209 combination. Having the best ML, ( TC ) as you state does not do you any good if you do not get the best from it.
As far as leaving this forum, no I don't think I will. I will however not reply to posts as apparently folks here are not concerned with learning anything that may help them achieve better results from their ML. I will just read and chuckle at comments that are made.
By the way I base my ideas on experience also. I am old enough to do that.

Have a good day and accept my apologies for stirring your pot.

Rogo

#43 ·
Muley, sorry for the confusion, Rogo got me going, which doesn't happen too often. Rogo, I'm really glad that you chose to remain an active participant here. I'm not a bench shooter but mostly a hunter/collector/shooter in that order so shooting 100 rounds a day doesn't interest me. As far a getting the most out of my Triumph, 1" groups @100yds without a fancy rest does me just fine! This is what I'd expect from any TC product. As far as TC quality vs CVA don't kid yourself. If you truly read my past posts you'd know I own several ml rifles of various makes including a CVA. The problem is you simply wanted to argue instead of debate or discuss! Whenever you wish to converse in a polite, informative manner I'm ready. One thing I won't take is abuse, that's a promise. :wink:

#44 ·
I'm with you. I may not have expressed it on this forum, but I have on many others. Like you. I'm a hunter and hate going to the range. I'm forced to do it to sight in a scope, bullets etc. Once I know how the gun is shooting. You don't see me at the range anymore.

What I absolutely hate is having to swab when i'm out in the mountains hunting. I don't want to carry patches with me. I especially don't want to carry dirty patches after i've used them to swab. BH 209 gives me an opportunity to hunt and not bring any patches, jags etc. It's so simple. I bring 4-5 speedloaders that hold the powder,bullet, and primer. I need nothing else with me, and I love it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.