Deer Hunting Forums banner

My cannon

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  buckfever 
#1 ·
Built this many years ago, at least 7 or 8 years ago with my brother. Got the tubing from a steel shop and had them weld in a plug. We of course did the drilling for the 6-1mm #11 nipple. And then used a frame off an old log splitter that blew up. Welded up some support bars and made a hammer with a spring to fire the cap off. We later added the shield to it. Its pretty fun to take out shooting. I havent made a lead slug mold for it yet so we basically just wad up foil, a wood plug and either shoot that or add some ball bearings. I once loaded it up with BB shot and set up a target 60 yards away, wow! Talk about the ultimate shot gun LOL.

The original load was 350 grains pyrodex RS. If you think shooting a muzzle loader is expensive, upgrade to a cannon :shocking:

Caliber is 30mm

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
pretty cool looking rig, maybe the log splitter blowing up was a bad thing??? :nerd: You like shooting/blowing things up it seems. Next we'll hear of C-4 experiments, Ha Ha. Just kidding again, pleas don't report on that. :shocking: Good thing you have lots of open space to shoot stuff in. You remind me of a TV program "sons of guns" or something like that. Looks like a godzilla snow blower in the back ground, you didn't put a V-8 in it did you?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.