Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   MuzzleLoader Hunting (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/muzzleloader-hunting/)
-   -   Traditions (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/muzzleloader-hunting/7360-traditions.html)

Hunting Man 03-06-2011 07:35 PM

Traditions

Had to stay on the auction for a while. Son-in-law will be surprised as he will get a new ML' for his birthday! In the box, Pursuit lt nickle/snow camo all matching rings/bases and 3x9x40 scope out the door $280.50 How's that BB?? Not a great buy maybe but I think ok. It's half the cost of my TC Truimph/Leupold but for the daughter's hubby, good start! Cabela's bargain cave has them without scope at $319.88 plus tax and then need a scope. Think I saved 80-100 ?

BruceBruce1959 03-06-2011 09:24 PM

wow, No, that really is a great buy. You easily saved 100 bucks. I'm sure your son in law will be very satisfied... Good Job! :thumbup:

Hunting Man 03-06-2011 10:22 PM

Thanks BB,

jamie234561 03-06-2011 10:33 PM

Good stuff I'm fairly new to muzzleloading but I have a tradtions and it hasn't let me down! Great starter guns :)

scentman 03-07-2011 08:43 AM

I'm learning much from this site... are Traditions a good muzzleloader?

ronn 03-07-2011 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scentman (Post 53423)
I'm learning much from this site... are Traditions a good muzzleloader?

depends on your definition of good. i would say they are like the subaru of ml. not the fanciest, most methodically put together, with the highest quality of materials, but they go bang and can get the job done at a cheapish price. just from what i've seen of them and my opinion.

Hunting Man 03-07-2011 09:46 AM

This package I bought is considered a pretty good starting combination for a newbe in the sport. My son-in-law has never fired a ml but I think I can get him hooked and this will serve him for several years. I had to consider all aspects when buying for someone else. Traditions, I believe has really come a long way from their beginnings. I would not have trusted their products to a family member if I didn't think so. Would I buy one for me? Not ready yet, but BB's Vortek looks nice.

spiker 03-07-2011 10:54 AM

Nice job Hm.I like the feel&looks of the vortek i bought.I mounted a 3-9 leupold vx 2 on it and its a nice setup.Havent shot it yet and this was my first muzzleloader so i liked the price range.Usually by the time ml season comes around i have enough deer in the freezer and if its a bad winter im not going out anyway.Looking forward to shooting it though.I have shot my buddies tc pro hunter really nice gun.He is trying to get me hooked on ml.We'll see what happens.

Hunting Man 03-07-2011 03:43 PM

Spiker, if you're like most you'll be hooked. Hunting late season ml is pretty much like bowhunting in PA where I hunt, nobody in the woods except our hunting party. I like flintlock hunting over the in-lines but more people shoot the in-lines and a lot easier too. Hopefully between the son and son-in-law they'll keep me going to the woods for a few more years regardless of the weapon used.