Beaten up! - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > MuzzleLoader Hunting
MuzzleLoader Hunting Discuss MuzzleLoader topics

Old 03-06-2011, 01:32 PM
B&C 100 Class

FG...Would you push CVA so hard if it wasn't one of the sponsors on your forum??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Banned

muley ive been shooting cva since i was 14-15ish.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:50 PM
B&C 100 Class

I've been shooting Winchester since 1950. I don't fill every thread with promoting it.

Slack off a bit bud.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Banned

it seems like i shoot a lot, and i do. Not my fault no one here shoots and posts anything.

Im going out now to do some shooting, may report back if the accuracy is fair LOL.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:14 PM

FG seems like we debate quite a bit here, your slam was not appreciated nor accurate. Seems like we talk about most everything relating to ML rifles on this forum. Just to note: Nobody gives me anything not even TC, I just know a quality product when I see/use one. You not taking me up on my offer on the mountain rifle?? I'll even throw in a few flints, yellow, grey, sawed. It would be another CVA to add to your collection and I could add another??? Currently, I'm high bidder on that Traditions combo package. I put in my last bid today win, loose.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

tc's machining, fit, and finish far surpasses either cva or traditions, or always have. we'll see what the move they made does to them. there are more custom type mls out there but you really pay for them. not many manufactures have as good of a balance between quality and cost as tc's.

frontier, if cva's are so darn great why in the world do you have to keep taking them apart, modifing them, and rebuilding them so they shoot as well and are as reliable as tc's out of the box? or in other words building them up to near tc standards yet still not quite reaching it?
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:22 PM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierGander View Post
it seems like i shoot a lot, and i do. Not my fault no one here shoots and posts anything.

Im going out now to do some shooting, may report back if the accuracy is fair LOL.
I do shoot a lot. I shoot CAS too, and burn two cases a year just doing that.

My problem is my new computer with Windows 7. I never had a problem with my old computer on XP. For the life of me I can't get my new computer to recognize my camera. I gave up trying and don't bother taking pictures anymore.

Hunting and range reports suck without pictures.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
frontier, if cva's are so darn great why in the world do you have to keep taking them apart, modifing them, and rebuilding them so they shoot as well and are as reliable as tc's out of the box? or in other words building them up to near tc standards yet still not quite reaching it?
Its my passion to tinker with things and see if i can make them shoot better. Free floating a barrel or forearm should be something done on all rifles, it helps greatly during the summer heat.

A 5/32" flash channel in a breech plug allows you to shoot more shots and be less affected by the carbon build up causing your shots to slow down.

Adjusting your head spacing for a tighter fit to eliminate primer blow by also helps keep pressures inside the breech plug level and clean. A gun that shoots more soot into the action than into the barrel isnt going to be very consistent IMO.

A clean bore may shoot tighter groups than a filthy bore, especially when shooting T7 or pyrodex.

Mike Bellm of Bellmtcs makes a living off of repairing TC's mess up's.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:05 PM
B&C 100 Class

There you go again FG.

Ok, how's this for a comeback.

He couldn't make a living off of fixing CVA's, because nobody buys them.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierGander View Post
Its my passion to tinker with things and see if i can make them shoot better. Free floating a barrel or forearm should be something done on all rifles, it helps greatly during the summer heat.

A 5/32" flash channel in a breech plug allows you to shoot more shots and be less affected by the carbon build up causing your shots to slow down.

Adjusting your head spacing for a tighter fit to eliminate primer blow by also helps keep pressures inside the breech plug level and clean. A gun that shoots more soot into the action than into the barrel isnt going to be very consistent IMO.

A clean bore may shoot tighter groups than a filthy bore, especially when shooting T7 or pyrodex.

Mike Bellm of Bellmtcs makes a living off of repairing TC's mess up's.
thanks for confirming the point of my question. why sould you have to tinker with them to make them shoot better. not needed with a tc.

and i know guys/shops that use to put the cva trade-ins in a barrel for 50 bucks. now they won't even take them in trade. all it takes is to look at a tc and cva side by side (same gun like both hawkens) to see the quality difference and tc's castings, machining, fit and finish is far superior.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote