Dirty CVA Action? - Page 7 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > MuzzleLoader Hunting
MuzzleLoader Hunting Discuss MuzzleLoader topics

Old 04-14-2011, 05:45 PM
B&C 100 Class

FG....I would love to show you my Omega shooting sub MOA @100yds.

Keep in mind I just use a sandbag at the front. My eyes are so bad I have a special permit to use a scope during ML season, and i'm a shaky 68 years old.

Try that youngster.

I can do it, because of two reasons. I've been shooting for 60 years, and I have a TC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2011, 05:50 PM
B&C 120 Class

So tell me does cva hold bore tolerance to less than 4 thousandths of an inch? I do not think so! By the way I have over twenty years of machine shop expierience and holding+/_ .002 is damn good! The only way to stay consistently better than that in a production enviroment is to grind and that is just to expensive to do on mass quanities of product. How old are you FG about 16 because that is certainly the way you come across to the people on this sight. You put some good posts up but simply do not give up on a subject that you obviously are beat on and in my eyes takes away any credibility you may have earned thru these posts... GROW UP and be a little humble sometimes it will go a lot farther than being so pig headed... in other words stop being a know it all

Last edited by deerless; 04-14-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Banned

Yes, Bergara barrels has tighter clearance specs. No more than one thousands of an inch. They run .500 to .501" And no more or under. Ed Shilen helped Bergara out and so they are a very high quality barrel with standards.

Now now, when you start picking on someone because of their age or something personal along that line, its never a good thing. It just shows weakness IMO.

I did start this thread to help others and you guys came along to smear it. So in your words, Grow up.

As for being a know is all, i do have a good amount of knowledge in muzzle loading and certain brands.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:08 PM

Some things dont change.. Even when you take a few days off..

FG still shouting CVA'S praises because they mail him free stuff to try out..

And all the old guys still standing by what they have used for years.. Because they still work for them..

When folks ask me now what a good ML is I just say "Anything other than a CVA will get the job done." I know a cva will get the job done too I just say that to counter all of FG's high praises!
Old 04-14-2011, 11:39 PM
Banned

ive shot cva since i was 14 years old LOL. I just simply shoot and share stuff is all. Unlike some....

I shot my traditions flintlock yesterday but i dont want to bore you guys with that.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:23 AM

Traditions for FG, I'm going to pass out! I''l give a good report on the son-in-law's Tradition after a good sight-in, I promise.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckfever View Post
Some things dont change.. Even when you take a few days off..

FG still shouting CVA'S praises because they mail him free stuff to try out..

And all the old guys still standing by what they have used for years.. Because they still work for them..

When folks ask me now what a good ML is I just say "Anything other than a CVA will get the job done." I know a cva will get the job done too I just say that to counter all of FG's high praises!
BF, I think we can all see the damage FrontierGander is doing to cva brand muzzleloaders with all his "in your face" posts but I dont think he sees it that way.
If someones looking for a muzzleloader and doesnt know what to look for, I've always given them info on all muzzleloader brands and the option of choosing whichever one they want for themselves...
But now,,, and I hate to say it but,,, I think FrontierGander has slammed us all with so much negative info on cva's that even I will be hesitant to direct a new shooter/hunter to a cva brand.
We've all seen FG's posts on how he has to modify each muzzleloader he shoots to get it to shoot 1/2 way decent, sometimes even going as far as having to alter the manufacturers design which I think is totally absurd and puts himself and others in danger.
And now thanks to FG, I won't feel comfortable recommending a cva muzzleloader knowing it's going to be a shooter/hunters nightmare that requires a person to have a masters degree in weaponry but being the fair person that I am, I'm sure I'll still mention the cva brand, I'll just be sure to explain that a cva brand would be my last choice now.

FYI, FG, I don't know how you're affilliated with cva but for the sake of their company I hope they review and adjust you're marketing approach to their muzzleloaders. I think you're doing them more harm than good.

Good Day!!

Old 04-15-2011, 07:39 AM
B&C 120 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierGander View Post
Yes, Bergara barrels has tighter clearance specs. No more than one thousands of an inch. They run .500 to .501" And no more or under. Ed Shilen helped Bergara out and so they are a very high quality barrel with standards.

Now now, when you start picking on someone because of their age or something personal along that line, its never a good thing. It just shows weakness IMO.

I did start this thread to help others and you guys came along to smear it. So in your words, Grow up.

As for being a know is all, i do have a good amount of knowledge in muzzle loading and certain brands.
FG At no time did I smear you or the cva brand I only stated facts that I know nothing more. As far as growing up I am much older than you and am quite grown up. You however, are quite young and maybe should listen a little more and not be so insisitent about being right or even getting the last word in. That is what I mean about being a little humble sometimes... Also, you make a comment about being weak? Far from the truth my friend the weak are not succesful to the point that I am in my life. At this time I will no longer be frequenting your posts anymore they are to full of controversy and foolishness...
Old 04-15-2011, 09:40 AM
B&C 100 Class

You know what I hate about forums? It's when posters feel they have the right to get personal with someone they don't really know. FG has done nothing to deserve that.

He has a passion for CVA guns. That's no reason to insult him the way you guys are doing.

I consider him a friend and a good guy who goes out of his way to help someone. When we rag on each other it's in a friendly way, and we both know the other one is not serious. Not the same with you guys.

Unless you guys are brain dead, or know nothing about guns. You'd realize he hasn't done anything dangerous to a CVA gun.

If you want to argue about the gun you like. That's fine. That's all FG is doing. If you're going to give him personal insults. I'm out of here.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:37 PM
Banned

Actually what i hate the most is when others claim i have to modify my guns to get them to shoot tight groups. Thats FAR from the truth.

I've explained before and i will continue to say that the only reason i mod these guns is to experiment and see if theres something hidden that could take a great shooting gun, and turn it into an even better shooting gun.

I spend a LOT of time on the range with my guns, im not the weekend warrior who throws something down the barrel and if it hits, its good to go. Im a perfectionist, i go to the extreme for my personal reasons.

Removing material that touches the barrel isnt a bad thing boys, its something that should be done on ALL rifles, centerfire,muzzleloader, rimfire you name it.

My traditions Evolution wouldnt shoot for snot in hot weather due to all of the pressure put on the fore end of the stock. In which i had to mod the stock and after that, watch out! Because that mother would shoot after that.

The only mod these rifles have is a .035" flash hole. All shots from 100 yards.