New Powerbelt Aerolite in the CVA Wolf - Page 3 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > MuzzleLoader Hunting
MuzzleLoader Hunting Discuss MuzzleLoader topics

Old 02-24-2011, 03:58 PM
B&C 160 Class

Frontier heres it is plain and simple thats total bs.Mathews does have alot of advertising but is that why there bows sell?Your gonna tell me Matt Mcpherson didnt make alot of innovations in the archery world and its not a quality product.A bow company or any company doesnt stay in business on advertising alone.I dont own a TC but do they stay in business on advertising alone.Dont you think they might make a quality product? Just because you endorse cva or whatever dont make blanket statements.If you had the number one archery company you can afford to advertise doesnt that make sense.Im a mathews shooter but there are many fine bows (hoyt,pse,bowtech,elite,etc) i dont try to ram mathews down anybodies throat.In any weapon find one you like and go with it.Just dont insinuate companies can sell a product on advertising alone cause thats nonsense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2011, 06:31 PM
B&C 100 Class

I believe we see a lot of TC muzzleloaders on TV, because they work, and are reliable.

Some of us like to buy American built too. Not American assembled, but American built.

My .02
Old 02-24-2011, 07:24 PM
B&C 100 Class

I just checked out the cva web site and those guns look pretty goo also. I think its going to be the impact or omega z5. I want to buy American! I have a hoyt bow and i love it. Advertising will only go so far, you have to make a quality product to keep people happy.Hoyt has done that and it looks like TC has done the same. Does anyone know why the omega is considered a better gun than the impact?
Old 02-24-2011, 10:13 PM
B&C 100 Class

The Omega is a proven design. I'd go with it.

I believe the Omega came out in 02, and it's still popular. That should tell you something.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muley View Post
I believe we see a lot of TC muzzleloaders on TV, because they work, and are reliable.

Some of us like to buy American built too. Not American assembled, but American built.

My .02
If "Assembled in America" keeps Americans employed,, I wouldn't hesitate to support their efforts by buying and using their products.
Failing to support a company that operates within the United States only promotes greater unemployment for American workers.
Of course we would all prefer American made logo's on everything we buy but in the real world that's just a fantasy.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:08 AM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBruce1959 View Post
If "Assembled in America" keeps Americans employed,, I wouldn't hesitate to support their efforts by buying and using their products.
Failing to support a company that operates within the United States only promotes greater unemployment for American workers.
Of course we would all prefer American made logo's on everything we buy but in the real world that's just a fantasy.
Well, if more had bought from TC instead of CVA and Traditions. Maybe they wouldn't have had to sell to S&W. TC had employees too, and now they're out of work.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:01 AM
B&C 120 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muley View Post
Well, if more had bought from TC instead of CVA and Traditions. Maybe they wouldn't have had to sell to S&W. TC had employees too, and now they're out of work.
I think the TC deal going to SW was a smart buisnness move on there part. Yes, their were some jobs lost but some of the jobs were offered to existing employees. And in todays economy many consumers probably are opting for something a little less pricey than a TC hence the move by the company to sell instead of close the doors, which keeps the TC product on the market.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:34 PM

Muley, I don't care how good TC weapons were/are, you cant blame the consumers because of Thompson Centers poor business practices along with the illegal hunting activities of the
"sole proprietor owner and then Thompson/Center Arms President and CEO Gregg Ritz's"
fines paid out for game violations and I don't know if that had a role in their demise but sure doesn't do their product name or reputation any good.

When a company falls to greed, over-spending on advertising and just poor business practices, it's usually just a matter of time before any company operating within those lines reaches it's breaking points but no matter what happens within a business you can't blame the consumers.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:49 PM
B&C 100 Class

Default just joined

Yours is the first post I read as I am looking for a good muzzleloader forum... seems you know your stuff and I can learn from your posts.

I justed purchased an Accura, shooting 245 power belt, 777 pellets, and Win. muzzleloader 209 primers... first shot is always off, after that seems to be on... I still need to find out my groups when weather breaks.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scentman View Post
Yours is the first post I read as I am looking for a good muzzleloader forum... seems you know your stuff and I can learn from your posts.

I justed purchased an Accura, shooting 245 power belt, 777 pellets, and Win. muzzleloader 209 primers... first shot is always off, after that seems to be on... I still need to find out my groups when weather breaks.
Very common. Some muzzleloaders need a fouling shot in order to shoot dead on. I personally think its due to a bit of oil in the barrel.

I also think you'd be MUCH better off with the Winchester 777 primers or the CCI Inline MZL primers.

I'll PM you a link on how to properly adjust the head space to keep the inside of your frame SPOTLESS.